Specialty dining packages

Does anyone have any experience with RCCL's specialty dining packages. For example, if you buy the four or five night dining packages, do you get to choose which dining rooms to go to, i.e. Chops and Giovanni's. Or, does the cruise line make the decision for you. I'm not able to call, so looking for advice before I book on line. Who also decides which evening you can do the dinners?

Does anyone have any experience with RCCL's specialty dining packages. For example, if you buy the four or five night dining packages, do you get to choose which dining rooms to go to, i.e. Chops and Giovanni's. Or, does the cruise line make the decision for you. I'm not able to call, so looking for advice before I book on line. Who also decides which evening you can do the dinners?

The cruise line chooses the first restaurant, you choose the rest.

You may also be able to change the first restaurant, space permitting. If you do want to change, best to visit the restaurant you would prefer as soon as you board.

The cruise line chooses the first restaurant, you choose the rest.

You may also be able to change the first restaurant, space permitting. If you do want to change, best to visit the restaurant you would prefer as soon as you board.

Do they make the first booking immediately after you pay? And, if so, When are you able to choose the remainder. I'm a 'early bird catches the worm' kind of person and want to pre-book ASAP.

Do they make the first booking immediately after you pay? And, if so, When are you able to choose the remainder. I'm a 'early bird catches the worm' kind of person and want to pre-book ASAP.

You cannot pre-book, that is one of the reasons you get a break on the price.

You must wait until you are onboard to book all the restaurants except the first.

You won't even know what restaurant they've picked for your first night until you board.

You cannot pre-book, that is one of the reasons you get a break on the price.

You must wait until you are onboard to book all the restaurants except the first.

When do they tell you what the first one is and do they also book the time? As for the rest, has any one experienced this and what did you think re what's available once you board. I'm wondering if you're stuck with the worst dining times, for example first and last dining time options. If that's the case, might forgo and pay the extra. Seems like a bit of a lottery to me.

Based on the number of nights on the cruise, they book you for 1st or 2nd night in one of the specialty restaurants. You get to pick the time but not the restaurant. I suggest you call Crown and Anchor and buy the package on the phone and they can tell you what time options are available the first 2 nights. You can then pick your restaurants at any specialty restaurant, but do it as soon as you board. If you have Izumi on your ship, you will receive a credit of $30 towards your meal - that is because everything at Izumi is ala carte. We have decided to do the specialty package for our very long cruise Seattle to Sydney on Explorer which leaves Oct. 8. The price is great for doing this in advance of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Based on the number of nights on the cruise, they book you for 1st or 2nd night in one of the specialty restaurants. You get to pick the time but not the restaurant. I suggest you call Crown and Anchor and buy the package on the phone and they can tell you what time options are available the first 2 nights. You can then pick your restaurants at any specialty restaurant, but do it as soon as you board. If you have Izumi on your ship, you will receive a credit of $30 towards your meal - that is because everything at Izumi is ala carte. We have decided to do the specialty package for our very long cruise Seattle to Sydney on Explorer which leaves Oct. 8. The price is great for doing this in advance of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey, beensailing. We're sailing together on NOS on December 9. Was going to ask the question on our roll call but thought this would be faster. Away from home and free telephoning to RCCL. Guess I'll have to wait till the end of the vacation we're currently on to call them. We really liked Giovanni's and Chops Grill from previous cruises. Do you have any recommendations on the other specialty restaurant choices? In the past, haven't been a fan of the MDR or Windjammer and DH wishes to go elsewhere.

Hey, beensailing. We're sailing together on NOS on December 9. Was going to ask the question on our roll call but thought this would be faster. Away from home and free telephoning to RCCL. Guess I'll have to wait till the end of the vacation we're currently on to call them. We really liked Giovanni's and Chops Grill from previous cruises. Do you have any recommendations on the other specialty restaurant choices? In the past, haven't been a fan of the MDR or Windjammer and DH wishes to go elsewhere.

No experience with Sabor or Giovannis or Izumi. DH and I have had great meals in Chops on our cruises which began in North American and South American ports. We'll see you in December...

You can specify the time you want to dine for the first dinner, on 1st or 2nd night. I would suggest that you go to one of the Specialty restaurants as soon as you board to check on your Specialty restaurants reservations and change them to your liking (you can even change the first dinner).

Izumi (sushi side) is a la carte, with the Specialty package, you get a $30 credit. It was very good on the Anthem. The Izumi Hibachi was very good on the Harmony. I don't think you can go wrong.

I have not been to Sabor or Giovanni, you can check their menus on Royal's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with Sabor or Giovannis or Izumi. DH and I have had great meals in Chops on our cruises which began in North American and South American ports. We'll see you in December...

When we cruised on the Radiance last year, Giovanni's was our favourite. Also enjoyed Chops.

You can specify the time you want to dine for the first dinner, on 1st or 2nd night. I would suggest that you go to one of the Specialty restaurants as soon as you board to check on your Specialty restaurants reservations and change them to your liking (you can even change the first dinner).

Izumi (sushi side) is a la carte, with the Specialty package, you get a $30 credit. It was very good on the Anthem. The Izumi Hibachi was very good on the Harmony. I don't think you can go wrong.

I have not been to Sabor or Giovanni, you can check their menus on Royal's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Will make a note to make it a priority when we board.

Do you have to book the dining packages in advance? Seems like we have purchased a package once on board in the past....

Sometimes the dining packages are offered on board, sometimes not. You cannot depend on them being offered on board.