Spa Guarantees/Satisfaction

Are there any type of satisfaction guarantees on spa services?

I was disappointed in my acupuncture session. Getting charged twice and the spa manager getting all defensive about the double charge didn't help either...

Did you speak to Guest Services?

Yes--- they told me spa services had to be addressed with the Spa Manager... but every time I went up there the acupuncturist was standing guard and told me she wasn't available. I got to the point where I didn't want to go back to the spa.

Yes--- they told me spa services had to be addressed with the Spa Manager... but every time I went up there the acupuncturist was standing guard and told me she wasn't available. I got to the point where I didn't want to go back to the spa.

We've also encountered this kind of strategy on the part of Royal when there's been a problem. You'll be told that it can't be handled by guest services, that it's a different department, etc. (and this can be the case when the service is provided by a contractor like the spa and is not Royal), but then you can't actually get to speak with anyone in that other department to resolve the issue.

If you're a C&A member, particularly diamond and up, it may help to talk to the concierge. That's what we ended up having to do, and the resolution was swift. In our case it wasn't the spa; it was food & beverage.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

a lot of the time it comes down to perception. especially with spa services. you may not have 'enjoyed' it, or felt you did not receive a 'quality' session, but honestly those are hard to quantify.

you are NOT going to get a noticeable result after one session, or even if you got suckered into buying the multiple session package. it takes a lot more than a week to see any long term benefit.

furthermore it is always possible you had an unrealistic expectation of what was supposed to happen, or what you would experience afterward. especially if you have never had it done before ( a major complaint I have seen is the teeth whitening procedure that makes your teeth ultra sensitive for several days, impacting your enjoyment of food and beverages while on board)

now, if the technician was late, or talked incessantly, or wouldn't shut up about buying the products or any other maneuver, you absolutely have cause to complain/ especially with the double charge.