Pacific Explorer Quad Cabins

Can anyone tell me the layout for how quad cabins will be on the Pacific Explorer? A quick search shows images of only double beds. I specifically want to know if it's a queen/twin, sofa, pullman configuration or twin bunks.

I do not for sure but would expect that it would be twin bunks with the top two beds dropping from the ceiling.

Yeah I want the layout like Spirit, as in a queen bed and then a sofa bed with the bunk above it. I don't want a quad with the four single bunks in it.

The Pacific Explorer (Dawn Princess) has the smallest inside cabins we have experienced. Not sure if you are looking at inside quads or Oceanview, but there are no sofa beds in the insides or oceanview, perhaps in a mini suite.

The insides that run down the ship are 135sqft, the ones that run across the ship are 148sqft, so a little larger but narrower.

The inside Oceanviews that are quads are 155sqft, and if you get the layout where the beds comes from the side wall.....not under the window you may have more room.

The picture on the Princess website of the insides is of the cabins that run across the ship, you can see the bunks in the ceiling.

Pic is of longer narrow room

4151342920_f71ffe251c.jpgIMG_3227 by cheznandy, on Flickr

Edited by cheznandy

Thanks, that helps, we just wanted a better quad layout if we were to go on the boat, seems it won't be for us right now.

If you are looking at P&O, cabins on Pacific Dawn, Eden/Aria are larger for 4 persons. Pacific Dawn especially, as it has a walk in robe area near the bathroom for extra privacy and dressing if 4 are in the room.

No I don't want to sleep on bunk beds, it's not my thing, I'd prefer the spirit layout of a queen, sofa bed and a bunk over the sofa for my children. Aria does have that layout too but very limited cabins do it. We've decided on spirit as it appeals more to us,thanks for the advice.

No I don't want to sleep on bunk beds, it's not my thing, I'd prefer the spirit layout of a queen, sofa bed and a bunk over the sofa for my children. Aria does have that layout too but very limited cabins do it. We've decided on spirit as it appeals more to us,thanks for the advice.

Good choice if I had kids cruising with us I would rather that layout too.

I am sure you will enjoy the Spirit.

Hi,

In answer to your query about the quad rooms on the soon to become Pacific Explorer, you could possibly have to contact P&O in Sydney as the Dawn princess is to have another makeover when she becomes a P&O ship next year, I think the P&O ships are more geared for the much younger generation of passengers whereas the Princess ships are usually for family and upwards. I personally cannot climb up ladders so wouldn't be suitable for the 'Baby Boomers' especially when the sea gets a rockin. You should have tried sailing on the Strathaird or sister ships in the 50s, they had no airconditioning, they were built around the 1930s I think. There are some great photos of her docked at Circular Quay. There is a website you can check these ships out on if your interested in checking the original cruise ships out, they were great fun for a young person for a great adventure to Australia.

Regards,

Princess Cruiser