Princess Landtour Flights - Australia

We are looking at a 2018 Princess Cruise to Australia & New Zealand. If we add on the Australian landtour, there are several flights scheduled within Australia. Anyone know what type of plane Princess uses?
Hi,yes its Qantas domestic.You wont get any complimentary wine or beer though until midday lol.I think its something to do with some Brits being drunks and spoiling it for all the other tourists,cheers,Brian.

Hi,yes its Qantas domestic.You wont get any complimentary wine or beer though until midday lol.I think its something to do with some Brits being drunks and spoiling it for all the other tourists,cheers,Brian.

No Brian, most of us don't start drinking with breakfast. :D

Qantas has a very modern fleet of aircraft. The size of the plane will vary depending on the route. You could easily check on the Qantas website for a particular leg. We find that Qantas service is excellent. Meals/refreshments are complimentary. Brian has been having a debate on service of alcohol.:D On Qantas flights where meals are served, good quality Australian wine and beer are complimentary. I have never asked about spirits because we don't drink them.

Luggage allowance is 23kg for your check-in luggage and 7 kg for hand luggage. We take one piece of hand luggage each, plus one laptop bag and one large handbag.

Even though the booking is made through Qantas, could the actual service be perhaps operated by Jetstar ?

On occasions the flights are operated by the airline we call "Onestar".:eek: When booking we make sure it is a Qantas flight. However, when someone is booking a package tour (land tour through Princess), they have no control over which company will operate the flight.

On occasions the flights are operated by the airline we call "Onestar".:eek: When booking we make sure it is a Qantas flight. However, when someone is booking a package tour (land tour through Princess), they have no control over which company will operate the flight.

I suppose if a person booked the land tour with Princess that has a flight from (for instance) Cairns to Sydney at a particular time, they could check the Qantas website to see which carrier is shown.

For people who might not be familiar with Jetstar, it is the economy arm of Qantas.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Thank you all for the quick responses. Neither one of us adores flying, so we did not want to be on a small propeller plane! Looking forward to Qantas now that we know they serve complimentary beer and wine! This is going to be an exciting trip. Too bad we have to wait until 2018!

Thank you all for the quick responses. Neither one of us adores flying, so we did not want to be on a small propeller plane! Looking forward to Qantas now that we know they serve complimentary beer and wine! This is going to be an exciting trip. Too bad we have to wait until 2018!

Just note that they only serve those beverages with lunch or dinners (no alcohol on morning flights).

Just note that they only serve those beverages with lunch or dinners (no alcohol on morning flights).

I saw a movie many years ago and I think it was Elizabeth Taylor rinsed her mouth our with scotch, and that was at breakfast time. She didn't have a toothbrush. Perhaps you could use that as an excuse.Lol

Edited by happysnapper

I saw a movie many years ago and I think it was Elizabeth Taylor rinsed her mouth our with scotch, and that was at breakfast time. She didn't have a toothbrush. Perhaps you could use that as an excuse.Lol

I think I will be alright with coffee breath.:o