What was your best freebie bathroom amenity?

tallyho8

I miss the little bowls in the bathrooms filled with things like shampoo, conditioner, no-snore strips, etc.

The best one I ever got was a Schick Hydro 5 razor several years ago that I still use today.

Did anyone else ever get anything special?

My favourite was a generously-sized tube of Suave Mango Madarin Body Lotion, form our first cruise on Carnival Pride, back in 2009. It smelled nice, and every time I used it after that cruise, the smell made me think of cruising.:) That free sample did its job, because I bought that lotion several times, for some years after that cruise. But I haven't seen it in stores for years, now.:(

Suave%20Mango%20Mandarin%20Body%20Lotion.jpg

Well, now you've done it, Tallyho, thanks a lot!:mad: This thread of yours got me thinking about how it would be nice to have my "cruise lotion" back again, so I just dropped $18 for an 18 oz bottle of it on eBay (the only place I could find it since it has apparently been discontinued). A dollar an ounce for el-cheapo quality lotion!:eek: I hope you're satisfied.:mad:

:p

My favourite was a generously-sized tube of Suave Mango Madarin Body Lotion, form our first cruise on Carnival Pride, back in 2009. It smelled nice, and every time I used it after that cruise, the smell made me think of cruising.:) That free sample did its job, because I bought that lotion several times, for some years after that cruise. But I haven't seen it in stores for years, now.:(

Several years ago, I got the lotion, but the scent was called Sweat Pea if I recall correctly. It was a very nice size for a sample and it lasted for a couple of months after my cruise.

Several years ago, I got the lotion, but the scent was called Sweat Pea if I recall correctly. It was a very nice size for a sample and it lasted for a couple of months after my cruise.

I'm guessing you meant SWEET Pea, but thanks for the laugh.

Not very exciting, but I liked when they had those strips of four single use toothpastes, and I do remember those good razors too.

hahah..totally meant sweet pea. fingers just got ahead of brain. though, when I was pregnant with my son, my water broke as a trickle and it sure did feel like I was sweating pee...

but that's a story for another time and NOT the best freebie bathroom amenity.

I miss the little bowls in the bathrooms filled with things like shampoo, conditioner, no-snore strips, etc.

The best one I ever got was a Schick Hydro 5 razor several years ago that I still use today.

I liked when we got any kind of lotion.

I liked the microscopic amounts of toothpaste in the foil packs that for some reason seemed to last an entire cruise. But I once used the free razor- once. I cut myself so badly up the back of my thigh it looked like a crime scene in that shower. I seriously had a scrape up my leg for weeks. Never again with a disposable razor! I don't know what I was thinking!

It was just nice to have the little bowl of freebies. They couldn't have cost Carnival anything- weren't they just samples/advertisements? I wonder why they were discontinued.

I'm guessing you meant SWEET Pea, but thanks for the laugh.

Not very exciting, but I liked when they had those strips of four single use toothpastes, and I do remember those good razors too.

OMG! Those four strips of toothpaste were a total pain! Who's got all day to open those??

I don't remember getting anything of real value, and thus don't miss the clamshell, but it was always fun to see what was in there after entering my cabin on embarkation day,

Those were the good old days! Good memories.

Now, you guys do know that these were marketing samples provided free of charge to the cruise lines?

The manufacturer of these products would give them to the cruise lines in the hopes that consumers would then rush out and purchase these products when they got home.

Due to financial constraints, the manufacturers slowly pulled away from this marketing ploy.

It was just nice to have the little bowl of freebies. They couldn't have cost Carnival anything- weren't they just samples/advertisements? I wonder why they were discontinued.

Yes, as I understand it, they were promo samples from the various products' makers, provided free-of-charge to Carnival. It was a lovely little bit of my favourite type of symbiosis, mutualism. Three-way mutualism, in this case.:) It's really too bad that it is no more.:( This is one cutback, however, that I won't lay at Carnival's door.

Edited by ShakyBeef
spelling, uv cors

I usually used the things in that shell, except the nasal strips!

One time I got some packets of a vitamin C tablet that you dissolved in water. One morning when I was feeling a tad hungover, I put one in a glass of water and drank it, and immediately felt better!:D I think it was the sugar!

But that was quite a few years ago. I have reached an age where I no longer ever get hungover:o Cant handle it like I used to. Probably a good thing.

But I looked for those vit c things and could never find them here in Canada:(