Dream piano bar

okeytaco

I've searched all the piano bar threads and looked on John Heald's facebook but still have not been able to find out who is scheduled for the Dream November 27 sailing. The schedules I've been able to find don't go through November. I come away from cruises with great piano bar entertainers much happier than cruises with not so very good ones. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I do not know who might currently be on schedule, however, last time I was on the DREAM, the "piano player" was Scott...who did not know how to play the piano. Everytime we asked for a special song, one every piano bar does, he would say "I need to save that for later when there is a crowd."....well, there never was a crowd. No one came in, or stayed. But we like the bartender, I think she was Beatrice. Made good drinks.

Here's hoping he's moved on! I know what you mean about some of them not able to draw a crowd due to poor playing/singing/attitude. I'm just sooo hoping to get someone fun! With a good entertainer we've spent almost every evening in the piano bar and spent a fortune on drinks while there. This time we decided it would be advantageous to buy the Cheers package mainly to cover these late night drinks. Oh, well. Maybe we'll just have to start early with Bloody Marys and Mimosas!

The entertainer for the 11/27 sailing has not been posted yet.

There's a group on the unmentionable social media site you can join if you participate, CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES PIANO BAR-BARIANS....

I don't do any social media so I can't check it but thanks for letting me know it's not posted yet so I can quit searching and searching! ~ Linda ~

The current piano guy is indeed Bob. We passed this place up the first few nights because we'd walk past and hear some honestly pretty crap singing, but the place was full, always. Curious, we sat in there one night and it was tons of fun! Bob's mediocre singing voice is part of the charm that includes his excellent piano playing and piles of charisma.

What makes a good piano bar entertainer? Adept piano skills, of course (does not have to be a virtuoso), but familiarity with a wide range of songs across genres and years, and the ability to engage the audience and get them to participate. As long as they can carry a tune, the voice is not as important, because the audience will be doing the singing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What makes a good piano bar entertainer? Adept piano skills, of course (does not have to be a virtuoso), but familiarity with a wide range of songs across genres and years, and the ability to engage the audience and get them to participate. As long as they can carry a tune, the voice is not as important, because the audience will be doing the singing.

Good voice is good but have to be able to engage the audience. Good sense of humor is important too

Well said. I totally agree. Here's hoping Bob stays on the Dream for our November 27 cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

My group did not like Piano Bar Bob at all. His "Holy Ship!" line was funny but the singing was painful. We'd hear a bit each night as we lined up for the comedy club and it never got close to decent.

A good piano bar entertainer should be funny and talented like Gustavo (currently on the Paradise) or Natalie Carboni (currently on the Vista) - if you get either of them you're in for a real treat.