Neptune Suite Laundry/Dry Cleaning Turnaround

SabreSailor

My experience in the past for staterooms below Neptune was that if you gave your laundry/dry cleaning to your steward before 9am, it came back the following afternoon.

On a Caribbean cruise last year on the Eurodam in a Neptune stateroom (complimentary laundry/dry cleaning), we got it back consistently the same day.

Is this standard practice?

Thanks!

My experience in the past for staterooms below Neptune was that if you gave your laundry/dry cleaning to your steward before 9am, it came back the following afternoon.

On a Caribbean cruise last year on the Eurodam in a Neptune stateroom (complimentary laundry/dry cleaning), we got it back consistently the same day.

Thanks!

Generally speaking, yes.

The first day you usually wait until the next day because of a lot of laundry left (and you do leave it at night).

On our cruise this year as well as other years, 95% of the laundry was returned same day (including dry cleaning) if we put it out the night before or that morning when they did housekeeping.

I think technically they say to allow 48 hours and before close off, it can vary but we have found very good service on our laundry/drycleaing when we had a Neptune Suite.

I suspect there is some priority given, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by kazu

We got spoiled by same day turnaround in the Neptune Suites too - can't remember if the dry cleaning came back as promptly.

In regular cabins we always plan on a two-day turn around and usually get it the next day, and sometimes even same day. But we don't expect it. Plan at worst, a two-day turn around.

Our experience is that laundry turned in (placed on your bed when you go to dinner) is returned before noon the next day. Laundry turned in during the morning room cleaning is returned the same evening.

On the Oosterdam last year, we got laundry back in five hours. Amazing!! Never had laundry take 48 hours and think this is just a time limit for worst case issues. Every ship is different.

If we are travelling to join the cruise, I will typically have a bag on embarkation day which typically gets collected at turndown. I've never failed to get that back by the afternoon of the next day.

I usually send my kilt out to be dry cleaned and pressed at embarkation as well, but I always hand that to the room stewards and not express service so that I have it for Gala night. That usually the only time I use the dry cleaning service, so I don't have any experience with the usual turnaround time.

Thanks!

We hand off 2-3 days worth of clothes (tux, sport coat, slacks) for pressing as soon as we unpack, and they're back the next morning. During the cruise, I have dry cleaning and laundry ready by 9 a.m. and often get it back that afternoon or evening, but no later than the next morning.