Parm Cheese Bowl

Disnyfan2

There's a pasta station in the Buffet that has various shapes of pasta, and alfredo sauce as one of the sauce options. It runs fairly late into the evening after most of the buffet closes.

If in the MDR or other place, doubtful they would be able to accommodate. I can't recall any alfredo on any of my MDR or Luminae menus.

Actually I have seen that but with risotto, being stirred inside a hollowed out Parmesan cheese wheel. That was done on Silhouette at the big brunch in the Oceanview Cafe

But that isn't the Parmesan cheese bowl in question. That one is made out of grated Parmesan shaped into a bowl shape for an individual serving of pasta. Princess offers it. Some restaurants also serve salads in them, think of a taco salad bowl but instead of a tortilla its a lacy grated Parmesan shaped into a bowl shape.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

Here's the Princess recipe so you can make it at home (I know, not the same as being at sea, but still yummy :D)

Princess Cruises Parmesan Cheese Basket:

2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place a round non-stick omelet pan on the stove over medium heat.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with approximately ½ c. of the Parmesan cheese. Allow to cook until the color lightly changes to golden.

Flip the cheese over and allow to cook until golden.

Remove from the pan and place over a mold form or bottom of a bowl to create a dome shape. Let cool. Voila! Fill and serve and enjoy.

Makes 4 bowls

Edited by SeaHunt

You're welcome :) I went back and edited my post to indicate that the 2 cups of grated Parmesan makes 4 bowls - just didn't want anyone to put the whole 2 cups in the pan at once, or they would end up with a very thick bowl LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise with plenty of good Celebrity food!