Celebrity sightings ?

southbayer

Probably doesn't count since they were there because it was their cruise with fans but I saw New Kids on the Block on a cruise... lol (80s early 90s boyband for those that don't know)

I didn't see her but apparently Andrea Barber, who played Kimmy Gibbler on Full House, was on the same cruise.

We were on a cruise with Richard Simmons once. He brought his weight loss group with him. it was fun sited him around the ship. Carnival does celebrity sailings which you probably pay a significant up charge for. I know New Kids on the Block do a quick 3 or 4 day sailing every year and then there are the country western star cruises.

I don't know about other celebrity sailings but for the New Kids on the Block you don't even book through Carnival. You book through a tour company called Rose Tours. You don't get to pick your cabin either it is assigned to you. You get to pick the category of cabin you want but that's it and most time that category is sold out already. This cruise sells out QUICK! When I went, my cousin and I were assigned a cabin in the very back on the Carnival Victory. I believe these are normally used as family cabins because you walked through one door and then there were two cabins.. ours was HUGE!!!!. Cost? Too much.. lol which is why I haven't been back. The cost I paid for this one cruise I could have taken 3 or 4 regular cruises but it was a non stop party.

I doubt celebrities cruise Carnival unless Carnival paid them to be there and then it would probably be well publicized. If I had more disposable income, I would be on Celebrity, Princess, Cunard.

Yep! Add to that Crystal, HAL, Seabourn, Oceania, Azamara.....

We met Guy Fieri on Carnival Splendor back in 2012. He was a jerk. Not going to elaborate to much, however; he did "apologize" to my husband later on in the night.

There was an interesting thread on him being on a Carnival ship and his handlers not letting people walk down his corridor and possibly annoy him a few years ago. Lots of people were happy when he left mid cruise as I recall.

Once saw Sinbad at our local Taco Bell.

Don't understand the hero worship of celebrities and sports stars.

Once you've seen them drop sushi in their lap, yell at their kids to get off the market shelves or come out of the girl's HS bathroom they loose their luster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ain't that the truth?

Years ago, when I was first married, I worked for a local electronics-n-stuff (you know the kind of place..they sell electronics, home appliances, movies, games, music, etc) when a member of our local NFL team came in. He wanted to buy probably 300 bucks worth of CDs and I'm sure he could've afforded it, but his wife scolded him for wasting so much money. It was really kind of funny.

A few years later, the actress/singer big name girlfriend of a football player (same team) came in to buy a gaming system as a surprise for him.

Vanilla Ice has also been in the same store (not the same location, but the same franchise) to purchase stuff for his daughter. :) He was really kind of sweet, from what the salesperson told me. AND my husband said that Weird Al Yankovic's mom was in his store the other day buying..something. He doesn't know what. :D

A few years ago, I bumped into Bam Margera (former pro skatboarder, MTV star, etc.) on a sailing. Super nice guy but quieter and less obnoxious than I would've expected.

The following year, I did a baseball themed sailing and met Ken Griffey Sr. and Art Shamsky. Ended up sharing a cab back to the ship with Shamsky and his wife when we called on Montego Bay. All were lovely.

Neither of these were Carnival sailings, but they were on the more mainstream end of the spectrum.

I don't know about other celebrity sailings but for the New Kids on the Block you don't even book through Carnival. You book through a tour company called Rose Tours. You don't get to pick your cabin either it is assigned to you. You get to pick the category of cabin you want but that's it and most time that category is sold out already. This cruise sells out QUICK! When I went, my cousin and I were assigned a cabin in the very back on the Carnival Victory. I believe these are normally used as family cabins because you walked through one door and then there were two cabins.. ours was HUGE!!!!. Cost? Too much.. lol which is why I haven't been back. The cost I paid for this one cruise I could have taken 3 or 4 regular cruises but it was a non stop party.

Shiprocked is the same way, but I want to go SOOOOOO BAD.

At the end of our first cruise on the Inspiration, we saw the contestants of some sort of teenage beauty pageant boarding - all wearing their state sashes. I don't know if they were cruising or if it was just some kind of photo shoot. I do know that I was glad it was when we were leaving as DH's head was turned 180 degrees! Later, as we were waiting for our shuttle van, we met adorable "celebrities". An elderly Italian couple approached us and asked if we liked the cruise. They were waiting for their " little boy" to come off the ship. Yes, their son was the captain!

I am terribly behind on current music but there are a couple of mainstream/country singer cruises comming up not connected with other pro company as mentioned. I should say I assume not connected as I saw them while personally hunting cruises in genral on regular TA/airlines site.

Edited by sjn911

Guy Fieri, Mr. "Greaseburger"?

Read about him here:

http://www.looper.com/15287/shady-side-guy-fieri/

You don't want to believe it? Fine.

I believe it! Last year I met him in the Pit Suites at the NASCAR ALL-STAR race. He was the Grand Marshall. By time the race started he was incredibly drunk already. We took a few pics together and he kept trying to get his drink in the pics. I also met Wild Bill from Deadliest Catch, Luke Kuechly, and Kid Rock at the race. No joke, Kid Rock had more class than Guy. DDD was my favorite show, but I've had a hard time taking Guy serious after seeing him so intoxicated.

My wife and i were on the Splendor last year with the Property Brothers. We saw them at least 10 different times. The CD(which my wife went to HS with in NY) was stalking them the whole time trying to get into their pants. Pretty funny actually.

My first impression, after reading the OP'S question, was "why in the world would a TRUE celebrity cruise on Carnival?". I just finished reading the thread and just as I thought, no TRUE celebrities sited. :eek:

How true.

I once met the great actor George Kennedy, and Kris Kristofferson on different cruises. Also walked past Liza Minnelli and friend in a hallway.

Of course, those were on Cunard. :cool:

I was on my honeymoon when Samantha Brown was on board the Carnival Freedom to film an hour long special. We met her following the Love and Marriage show that she co-hosted and then I found my way into four or five scenes in the final product.

My wife and I were on the cruise in December 15 and saw Murray Sawchuck as well. He was friends with the magician performing on the boat. I saw him in the dining room the first night and asked if he was performing. He said no but was just cruising with family. We got a quick picture with him in Cozumel before we got back on the ship. I doubt 95%+ of the people on board would know who he was though. But he is hard to miss if you do.

On one of my QM2 sailings, Lenny Kravitz was onboard. Of course he was in one of the 2 top suites. I became friends with the couple occupying the other suite, we never saw him. It seems he stayed in his suite the whole crossing.