Embarkation Carnival Fascination San Juan

Smashley85

My hubby and I will be cruising out of San Juan in October on the Carnival Fascination. The ship does not depart until 10pm. I read somewhere that you are able to check in and board the ship, and then leave to explore the town. Has anyone recently done this? Any info is greatly appreciated.

My hubby and I will be cruising out of San Juan in October on the Carnival Fascination. The ship does not depart until 10pm. I read somewhere that you are able to check in and board the ship, and then leave to explore the town. Has anyone recently done this? Any info is greatly appreciated.

We just sailed on her a few weeks ago. We checked our bags in at 10:30 am then went out to breakfast and returned later to board.

You're fine doing that. Enjoy your cruise!

We have 460 days or so but we are so excited for San Juan. We plan on doing this exact thing. Check-in, drop our bags in our room and head back out to explore San Juan.

What is the latest people have reboarded? I hear it's open seating for dinner that evening.

I have this same question. I know we can drop our checked bags off, but how early can we board the ship and drop our carry on bags off. I have read that the time has changed to around 2pm. I would love to hear from someone who has sailed recently and hear what their experience was like. I know it depends on how early the ship is cleared, but my boarding pass has 2pm. Sure hope we can drop those bags earlier than 2pm. Thanks.

I know we plan on coming in at least one full day prior to sailing. We have FTTF so our room we can check-in/board as soon as the ship is cleared and Plat/Diamond board. We will checkout of the hotel and drop our bags with the porters. We will board and drop our carryons in our room and go check out more of San Juan.

I'm glad to know we have until about 8:00pm until we need to be back onboard. That gives us over an extra half day in San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can you still purchase alcohol right before you board, go through security, and then walk right on w it? this was the only port DW and I have ever seen that allows this. saves sooo much money. I have heard different stories.. that they moved the table now.. so pls tell me what you saw...tks :D

• 2 months later...

For our boarding time, I selected 5pm to give us a bit more time in PR.

Can we drop our luggage with the porters without checking into the ship? I just really want to get rid of the big suit case early then go back to cruising San Juan. Are there any better options to get rid of the big luggage while walking around town?

2nd question: if we show up at 3pm to board the ship, will they make us wait until our 5pm time slot? :confused:

Thanks!

(booked for May 7th 2017)

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in Old San Juan for two nights before our cruised. We reserved the early boarding time (1:30) and got on the ship very quickly. We then were able to get off the ship and walk around for a couple more hours, loading up on pop and wine to bring back on board in our carry on luggage. Take advantage of this!

I see many dropped bags off at 10:30. Do they start boarding at this time? We are platinum and have the 1:00 time, but we were hoping to drop off our carry ons in our room before exploring old San Juan. Does anyone know the earliest we could board?