Ovation questions

johnboi

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help with 2 questions to start with, as we are going on the Ovation to Singapore in February. I understand if they can't be answered at this stage.

1. What theme nights will there be on the 14 night journey?

2. Are the Dreamworks characters onboard, and will there be Dreamworks breakfasts, like on the Voyager?

Thanks in advance.

Well i do know that there are theme nights but i don't really know the order of them. There is...

-Formal Night

-Hawaiian Night

-And i think there might be a shop night where there are HUGE discounts in pretty much every store on the ship

There are probably others also but these are the ones i am most familiar with

--jakethecruiser

We did the 16 night Barcelona to Dubai cruise on the Ovation in May. We had two Royal Nights and a Black and White Night.

There were DreamWorks characters on the ship. We had King Julien, Alex, Gloria and the penguins from Madagascar; Shrek, Fiona and Puss in Boots from Shrek and Po and Tigress from Kung Fu Panda. They did not offer the character breakfast on our cruise, but I was told that they would start them once the ship reached China.

Corinna

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help with 2 questions to start with, as we are going on the Ovation to Singapore in February. I understand if they can't be answered at this stage.

1. What theme nights will there be on the 14 night journey?

2. Are the Dreamworks characters onboard, and will there be Dreamworks breakfasts, like on the Voyager?

Thanks in advance.

I have done two cruise on the Ovation of the Seas sailing out of Singapore and don't remember there being any theme nights like other cruise.

There are no formal nights on the Ovation of the Seas as it uses dynamic dining. The Grande restaurant is formal.

I have see some of the Dreamworks characters around the ship.

Royal Night was formal night in everything, but name on our cruise. The suggested dress code was "Dress your best".

Corinna

I don't think the Quantum class ships (Quantum, Anthem and Ovation) ever have formal night on the entire ship. They only have formal in the formal dining room, The Grande. So, it is formal night each and every night there, although they don't require jackets on the first and last night for men due to luggage arriving and leaving.

JC

I don't think the Quantum class ships (Quantum, Anthem and Ovation) ever have formal night on the entire ship. They only have formal in the formal dining room, The Grande. So, it is formal night each and every night there, although they don't require jackets on the first and last night for men due to luggage arriving and leaving.

JC

That was my understanding before our cruise as well. However, we did have two ship-wide Royal Nights. This was on the May 10th Barcelona to Dubai cruise on the Ovation.

Corinna

I don't think the Quantum class ships (Quantum, Anthem and Ovation) ever have formal night on the entire ship.

They don't have Royal Nights on Anthem - seems to be only on Ovation and Quantum in certain markets. As the poster mentioned, they don't call it a formal night (probably too confusing) but basically that's what it is. Come to think of it I don't remember anyone mentioning Royal Nights on Quantum either - don't think they have those in the Chinese market.

Edited by Biker19

They don't have Royal Nights on Anthem - seems to be only on Ovation and Quantum in certain markets. As the poster mentioned, they don't call it a formal night (probably too confusing) but basically that's what it is. Come to think of it I don't remember anyone mentioning Royal Nights on Quantum either - don't think they have those in the Chinese market.

In the Chinese market they don't even have the formal requirements/recommendations in Grande. No formal wear anywhere; perhaps they consider that's just a bridge too far.

The formal nights are only in the Grande from our Dubai to Singapore leg. Saw some without jacket and on occasion some in smart casual.

We will be cruising on the Ovation again from Tianjin in Oct. Noticed that RC is charging for the Ifly and Northstar. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Noted that the Grand restaurant on the Ovation of the Seas is formal.

How formal, do men require a suit or dress pants, shirt and tie?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

Noted that the Grand restaurant on the Ovation of the Seas is formal.

How formal, do men require a suit or dress pants, shirt and tie?

LeeLand,

We are just off Ovation - 15 night cruise. Grande is NOT formal though you can dress formal. As far as we saw there was no dress code enforced, no theme nights over 15 nights (a half hearted Hawaiian perhaps) and you are never notified of the days dress either. Ovation seems to switch and change as it sees fit!! Don't get excited about this ship!!