Chef's Table Brilliance

Hi margee. I know someone will give you more ship specific info. soon, but, having done CT several times with similar menus these were the wines served for us:

Veuve Clicquot - Champagne France

Simonsig -Sauvignon Blanc S. Africa

Estancia- Pinot Noir California

G-Sake Momokawa

Aussieres Rouge-Cab/Sauvignon France

Frangelico

For the price of CT, I want really great wines. We've done it before but not on a Mediterranean cruise. Do you think those wines listed are really fine wines? IMHO they have brought the quality of wine down in recent years.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did Chef's Table on Brilliance in June this year. I'm sorry but I didn't keep the menu so can't tell you the wines but I can confirm they were not the wines listed above and were also not fine wines but pretty standard stuff from the menu which you wouldn't pay a great deal for in a supermarket.

In any case, it may be the case that they serve what they have onboard at the time and since the ship has been in the Med for a few months now they may have taken different wines onboard.

The experience is very enjoyable - the food is lovely, but don't go expecting superior wines.

Edited by Bobal

The wines will vary. I have had pretty much an identical menu twice but each time the wines were different. 'Fine' wine is a matter of several factors and price is not one of them. If you are a wine snob, then stick to 5 star land venues where the cellar numbers in the thousands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the price of CT, I want really great wines. We've done it before but not on a Mediterranean cruise. Do you think those wines listed are really fine wines? IMHO they have brought the quality of wine down in recent years.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree! No. And with the 400-700% increase in price of the wines served on the cruise as is... I can't imagine what the cost of CT would be if they did have fine wines. [emoji45] The aussieres rouge carries the Barron's de Rothschild name and is fairly good for old vine but sadly if you want good stuff, you bring it with you.