Voyager class "hump" question

I'm looking at a cruise on a voyager class ship and was wondering if the middle "hump" cabins (looks like there are 4 that would qualify on the deck chart) are better than the ones on the hump to the immediate sides of the middle cabins. Is there a significant difference or is that splitting hairs?

We are booked in a mid-hump cabin on AOS. From what I understand (based on reading several posts), the cabins in the middle have a completely unobstructed view both forward and aft. The cabins slightly off to the side will have either a slighly more aft or forward view depending on the location. Hope that helps.

We were in 6318 (middle hump) last week on the Navigator. It has a clear view fore and aft. If you're going to get a hump the peak of the hump are the best one's the Alexis is right about the privacy of the balcony. We've done an aft and a hump now and we prefer the aft because they are so large. Some people don't like the motion of the ship back there but it didn't bother us. The hump is pretty cool if you want to be on the side of the ship though.

Although some swear by the hump, we had a balcony on Voyager between the hump and aft and nobody could see into our balcony, and we had a terrific view fore and aft. I could see the front of the ship when I leaned against my rail with no problem, even past the hump.

Although some swear by the hump, we had a balcony on Voyager between the hump and aft and nobody could see into our balcony, and we had a terrific view fore and aft. I could see the front of the ship when I leaned against my rail with no problem, even past the hump.

Don't be too sure of that. :eek: :D The middle of the hump cabins on the higher decks do have a slight view of a lot of the balconies.

No, I do not stand there looking. I only go to the railing when we are docked in ports. I am petrified of height.

I have searched the "hump" cabin issue and have not found anything on this so any help is greatly appreciated.

We need to change sailings for our currently booked cruise and due to a number of factors, are limited as to cabin choices. We currently have cabin 6626 reserved on the Mariner. This is the first (last?) cabin on the hump. The cabins that have a similar location end in 26 and 12.

Does anyone have any experience and reccomendations on these cabins? We must commit this week.

Thanks for any input.

We were just on the Mariner in 7320. It was a great location right in the center and the view fore and aft was totally unobstructed. Yes, there are 2 chairs and a small table, the same as regular balconies. Besides the view, it was so easy to find our cabin when walking down the hallway; just walk until the hallway bowed out and there we were. Plus, we were right at the elevators, very convenient and no noise. Even my husband had no trouble locating the room. We would definitely book the hump again.

Can someone please explain to me what a "hump" is?

If you look at the deck plans of the ships, you will see an area past the middle of the ship that bulges out on both sides of it. That is the hump.

Click this on and scroll down to where you see the bulge. I am in 8320 so that is one of the two cabins on the middle of the hump. There are two more middle of the hump cabins on the other side of the ship.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1084&sailDate=1051105&hasNavigation=false

Archived