Allure - 4 Night Specialty Dining Question

Has anyone booked the dining package and their individual dining reservations to ensure that they got the days/times they wanted? When you got on the ship was it a huge hassle to get the individual reservations refunded? I hate not being able to pre-select the times that I want so it would be worth it to me to pre-pay for both and then get refunded on the ship. Looking for anyone with actual experience doing this. Thanks for your help!

My understanding was that one of the reasons the dining packages were discounted was in exchange for not being able to pre-reserve. I think that if you want to be able to pre-select all the restaurants and times, then I would not buy the dining package.

Edited by clarea

Has anyone booked the dining package and their individual dining reservations to ensure that they got the days/times they wanted? When you got on the ship was it a huge hassle to get the individual reservations refunded? I hate not being able to pre-select the times that I want so it would be worth it to me to pre-pay for both and then get refunded on the ship. Looking for anyone with actual experience doing this. Thanks for your help!

We did the 3 night package last March. Booked It on board the ship as soon as we boarded and was ab,e to get ell of my dates, restaurants and times within 1/2 an hour.

I was temped to book reservations as well but was concerned about trying to reconcile spending later and there is not guarantee when you get on board... if you cancel the reservation it could go to someone else assuming people are on some kind of a wait list. If there is not wait list, there is no need to book in advance. anyway that was my thinking.