Booked Through Online TA - How to Prepay Gratuities?

pullen0

I booked my Celebrity cruise through an online TA. So far, I've made the deposit and paid for travel insurance. I can see the sections to book excursions on the TA and my Celebrity log in but I can't see any option to prepay the gratuities. My TA invoice shows cruise price, taxes and port charges, processing fee and trip protection. I'm assuming the gratuities are not part of the taxes and port charges.

Will I prepay my gratuities through my TA or Celebrity? Will the gratuities be figured on the base cruise price or will it be figured with the taxes and port charges on top of it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pullen0

Your tips are based on your stateroom category.

What is Celebrity’s automatic gratuity program?

For your convenience, we automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard SeaPass® account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion:

$12.95 per person, per day in standard accommodations ($13.50 for cruises departing on or after July 1, 2016)

$13.45 per person, per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms ($14.00 for cruises departing on or after July 1, 2016)

$16.45 per person, per day in suites ($17.00 for cruises departing on or after July 1, 2016)

This gratuity is shared by your stateroom attendant, dining services staff, and housekeeping staff members who help enhance your vacation experience. At your discretion, the gratuity payments may be adjusted onboard at Guest Relations, in which case they will not automatically be added to your onboard SeaPass® account. An 18% gratuity will be automatically added to all beverages, mini bar purchases, spa and salon services. Additional gratuities may be added at your discretion.

Your tips are based on your stateroom category.

What is Celebrity’s automatic gratuity program?

For your convenience, we automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard SeaPass® account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion:

$12.95 per person, per day in standard accommodations ($13.50 for cruises departing on or after July 1, 2016)

$13.45 per person, per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms ($14.00 for cruises departing on or after July 1, 2016)

$16.45 per person, per day in suites ($17.00 for cruises departing on or after July 1, 2016)

This gratuity is shared by your stateroom attendant, dining services staff, and housekeeping staff members who help enhance your vacation experience. At your discretion, the gratuity payments may be adjusted onboard at Guest Relations, in which case they will not automatically be added to your onboard SeaPass® account. An 18% gratuity will be automatically added to all beverages, mini bar purchases, spa and salon services. Additional gratuities may be added at your discretion.

Ok, that makes sense. I'll just pay it at the end of the cruise when I pay off my Seapass account. Thanks!

The P company. The P company is a travel agency and it can't be mentioned on this forum.

I think I got the offending name edited out. I'll remember this for the future. :D

Thanks for the information everyone.