Help! I have Dream Questions!

nolamoofie

I am in the process of booking an accessible room on the Carnival DREAM- I was told that room 10201-10206 were in the very front of the boat. I am concerned with motion sickness.

The person with Carnival told me that the higher the floor it would be better and we should not get motion sickness.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel I need to ask other people and not take their word, in case they are just trying to sell the cabin

This is also a Sky-view Interior room- Does anyone have any experience or room photos of these rooms? I don't understand how this is a interior cabin but it can access a balcony?

Thanks In advance!

Those are interior staterooms with a picture window and walk way view. You do not have access from your stateroom to the walk way area. You exit your room to the hall way and then pass through the double doors to a walk way. Many people say this area is like your own private balcony. Please know there is a bench out here but no chairs and it is very windy.

The next suggestion is to look at Carnival deck plans on the Carnival site. This will allow the above explanation clarity.

As far as the motion. Center of the ship has the least motion. Take a pencil/pen and balance it on your finger. Then rock it back and forth like a see saw. you can see the most movement is at either end with the center barely moving. On a ship the size of the Dream and in fairly calm water I don't think it will be a big issue. DD get car sick very easily but never on a cruise and we had some wicked weather in the Pacific one year.

We book a category 4J for my mom every cruise as she is in a wheelchair and needs an accessible cabin. the most common for us has been cabins 1002 or 1003 on Valor (deck 10 very front)

There is definitely more motion in those cabins. The higher you go the more motion.

I've never stayed in one of these cabins but found some pictures of them on a web site. They appear to have a window (about the size of an Outside cabin window) with views out to the bow of the ship. You do have passenger cabins above and below your cabin so it should be quiet.

It doesn't appear you have a balcony but rather a public walkway in the very front of the ship (where your window is). You are correct...there will be a lot of movement if the seas are up. Doesn't really matter how high you are. My wife tends to get seasick so we typically get an Outside cabin in the middle of the ship and on the lowest passenger deck and she never has any problems. We were on the Dream about 7 months ago and had a Cove Balcony cabin and she was fine.

the dream is one of the larger ships, and you tend not to feel as much motion on the big ones. when I was on the dream, the only places I ever felt motion was in the rear dining room and the steakhouse, which in in the rear, and one of the higher decks. other than that, never could really tell i was on a boat. but as other have said, lower and to the center is you best bet.

I think if you are prone to seasickness it doesn't really matter where you stay. Those cabins are a great deal in my opinion. They are much larger than normal ones and have windows for for not much more than a regular inside. However I'd make sure there is a deck between you and the gym, you will hear it.

Also the windows are deeply tinted but keep your curtains closed if you want privacy, if the cabin lights are on people can see inside.

Aft you feel engine vibrations, in the front you get the ship crashing into waves, so midship is the best.

Talking about motion sickness and ship stability generally I regularly balance a penny on it's end when a ship is going full speed and it stays upright just fine...

[YOUTUBE]c82ToiVTvOY[/YOUTUBE]

We had cabin 10205 on the Dream a couple years ago. Several pros and cons:

Pros - very large cabin (loved the lay out), window view at a lower price, front deck is really close

Cons- very far away from Lido activities as well the rest of the ship, have to keep curtains closed at night for navigation (actually need to keep curtains closed because it is a public deck right outside your window), very windy on deck and caused doors to slam loudly

I am in the process of booking an accessible room on the Carnival DREAM- I was told that room 10201-10206 were in the very front of the boat. I am concerned with motion sickness.

The person with Carnival told me that the higher the floor it would be better and we should not get motion sickness.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel I need to ask other people and not take their word, in case they are just trying to sell the cabin

This is also a Sky-view Interior room- Does anyone have any experience or room photos of these rooms? I don't understand how this is a interior cabin but it can access a balcony?

Thanks In advance!

That can be a fun room if the sea is calm ,however the front is where I was thrown out of bed during a rough sea night .

Just a note: 10201-10204 are accessible cabins, but 10205-10206 are not. I know because we booked 10206 for our upcoming cruise, and we made sure it was not accessible before we booked it.

Blessings,

SiraJoy

Edited by SiraJoy

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in 11207, which is extreme FWD on deck 11. My husband is the type to have motion issues and while we could definitely feel the ship moving at times, it never once caused a problem for him.

It was most noticeable at higher speeds. Usually that's at night or on sea days at start or end of the cruise when they need to cross longer distances.

I have always heard and experienced that the lower decks and more inside cabins have less motion. The higher the deck the more the top would sway. I have been on the Dream and will be going back again this coming November. We stayed on the 11th deck last time and hit rough seas once. I also suggest having your doctor prescribe some motion sickness patches just in case. I do this and have never had motion sickness but do so as a precaution.