Noise From Spice H2O Norwegian Breakaway

acruisingcouple

We are currently booked in a balcony cabin on deck 13 port side towards the aft. I have read that some cruisers in the actual aft balcony cabins have experienced some noise issues due the music being played at Spice H2O and was wondering if the noise issues are as bad in the balcony cabins on the side towards the aft.

Thank you.

We were on the Breakaway last year on deck 13 in an aft cabin. The noise was so bad that the walls were actually shaking, never again. Two years prior we were on deck 11 aft. You could still hear the music but it was OK. We will be on deck 9 in a few weeks, aft again. I am hoping this room will be nice as 2 decks from 13 to 11 made a huge difference.

Yep, had an aft balcony on the Getaway last year, right under the Spice speakers. It was like Jurassic Park...shaking so bad the water in the glasses was dancing to the bass. Going on the Escape this October, no where near those speakers!

I was aft deck 11 and the bumping and movement back there was horrible. I doubt any of it was from spice though. It just that the aft is a bumpy ride any which way

Midship low is where we are from now on

Ok so those that love aft cabins now go to town and post what a smooth ride it is. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Breakaway last year on deck 13 in an aft cabin. The noise was so bad that the walls were actually shaking, never again. Two years prior we were on deck 11 aft. You could still hear the music but it was OK. We will be on deck 9 in a few weeks, aft again. I am hoping this room will be nice as 2 decks from 13 to 11 made a huge difference.

Deck 9 is quiet except for the wake sound, if you are on balcony you can faintly hear the music, indoors nothing

• 2 months later...

i read through this thread and now i'm concerned about my possible choice of 13290 from a noise perspective on the BA. any first hand accounts from cabins in this immediate area would be appreciated. i am not concerned with noise if i'm on the balcony, just inside with door closed. one review of this cabin elsewhere says noisy but unclear if door was open or closed. thx

Yep, had an aft balcony on the Getaway last year, right under the Spice speakers. It was like Jurassic Park...shaking so bad the water in the glasses was dancing to the bass. Going on the Escape this October, no where near those speakers!

Different ship but we were in an aft-facing on the Dawn in June. Deck 8 right above Bliss Lounge. I still get chills when I remember how atrociously loud the music thumped in our room from 11pm-3am every night. I could hear all the lyrics. I could hear the DJ. Luckily it was only those hours. And only one week. (Everything fantastic otherwise!!)

Jurassic Park is right! [emoji23] especially the scary parts.

The speakers are literally mounted on the floor under our bed.

It's my own fault. We were on the first cruise after the re-furb. The stateroom we were booked in originally...we lost when dry dock was extended.

We called immediately to re-book. Aft-facing in our yearly preference. Deck 10!

I vaguely remember my TA saying this new booking may be loud and replying who cares we'll take it.

I've posted a few times warning passengers.

It's good for those who will be down in Bliss all night anyhow so the noise won't bother them!

Looking forward to May! Back on the Dawn. [emoji177]

Just beware, we had a midship balcony on deck 12 on BA and were right above the outdoor bars. It was very loud at night. Most nights if we shut the doors it wasn't too bad. There were no quiet nights on the balcony though and on nights when there were football games on we could hear the noise even with the doors closed. The smoking section was also right below us.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just beware, we had a midship balcony on deck 12 on BA and were right above the outdoor bars. It was very loud at night. Most nights if we shut the doors it wasn't too bad. There were no quiet nights on the balcony though and on nights when there were football games on we could hear the noise even with the doors closed. The smoking section was also right below us.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wow thats crazy 4 decks away. the room i booked is on 13 almost all the way back and i see cagneys is only thing below

We stayed on the BA Aft Deck 11. We could hear the bass but it did not keep us up at night. The ride in the Aft did in fact rock us to sleep:)

good play on words..bass..rock

as i'm about 7 or 8 rooms from the aft balconies, i'm estimating we will be ok and i actually think we are below the spice water feature if my scientific method of holding up fingers to the computer screen to determine distance, is correct