Getaway Must Do! Less than 48 Hours

UFLaw

We are booked on an Aft Balcony on the Getaway for their rare 2 night cruise. The main reason we did this was to experience a big ship but not have to do a full 7 day cruise. Sort of decide if the big ships are for us.

So what are the MUST DOs in this short of a time window?

Best Bars to check out?

Best "secret spot"?

Best upgrades to try for?

The ship is going to be pretty darn empty. I don't even think it is at 1/2 capacity.

The only show is the Million Dollar Quartet.

Thanks!

Eric

MDQ is great. Dinner at Cagney's. Illusionarium if it is offered. Food isn't great, but entertainment is -- enjoy aft balcony. It is really great. Super spot is on waterfront outside of Sugarcane bar. Get a raspberry mojito and enjoy. I did an up sell last time on her to Haven and it was worth every penny. Heaven in the haven. Otherwise just find a spot and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our favorite things to do were the Sugarcane Bar outside and Cagneys. You will have a nice aft balcony so enjoy your time out there. In our 7 night we only did Illusionarium and it was ok. I would rather spend the time relaxing and doing things on a whim.

Oh have a cupcake at Carlo's Bakery and some Cuban food for lunch at Flamingo grill before they turn it into Margaritaville!

Go 2 the opening show to get a taste of all the acts onboard then you can choose what suits you best, definitely Mojito Bar, Cagneys, and Sunset Bar is a good place to enjoy a cocktail or 5 lol

Edited by Chgomale

We are booked on an Aft Balcony on the Getaway for their rare 2 night cruise. The main reason we did this was to experience a big ship but not have to do a full 7 day cruise. Sort of decide if the big ships are for us.

So what are the MUST DOs in this short of a time window?

Best Bars to check out?

Best "secret spot"?

Best upgrades to try for?

The ship is going to be pretty darn empty. I don't even think it is at 1/2 capacity.

The only show is the Million Dollar Quartet.

Thanks!

Eric

Some cabin categories are sold out.

Edited by TeeChi

If the ship is empty, then you're ok. If it is full, then you'll have problems.

The shows/ship are designed to handle 4000 passengers over 7 days. The theater has 800 seats. Headliners far less. Too few seats for everyone to see the shows. And eat in the restaurants.

Go 2 the opening show to get a taste of all the acts onboard then you can choose what suits you best

It's a two night cruise. I hope they don't spend the first night going to a show to figure out what to do the second night. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app