Premier vs platinum check in

paradise825

I would just do your priority check-in as Plat/Diamond. Premier does have its own check-in and they do get to board early but NOT before Plat/Diamond.

You may want to tell them you are on as premier as they typically have a list of guests they are expecting.

We are going on a premier cruise, but are also platinum. I understand there is a separate checkin for premier. What is the difference? Does platinum board first?

You will need to check in at the premier check in because they will have your Sail and Sign card; however, of course you can board with the platinums because they will board before the premiers.

In January and June we boarded diam/plat/suite together then premiere then FTTF then everyone else

Check in for platinums(including if you were on the premiere)was in the regular VIP lounge, premier check in was at the regular check in lines.

You will need to check in at the premier check in because they will have your Sail and Sign card; however, of course you can board with the platinums because they will board before the premiers.

In Pt Canaveral and NOLA there was no separate Premiere check in.

This isn't true. I sail a lot of premier cruise and always check in in the diamond/platinum lounge. Never has anyone had to go and retrieve my sail and sign card from the premier check in area.

I have gone on many premier cruises. I always check in with the platinum/diamonds Never had a problem getting my sail and sign card.

I'm glad you've had a good experience. My card has always been at the premier counter when I check in for a premier cruise and I'm platinum.

I'll be on Premier #4 in a few weeks. First two were from Ft Lauderdale. Checked in at Priority Desk (my card has always been with Priority but didn't see that there was a separate check-in for Premier; different ports do things differently); small room and they were cramming all the usual Priority in there plus the Premier people. It was SRO quickly.

2nd was also from FLL. Same thing. Got so full they moved the Plat/Dia/Suite priority people upstairs to a small waiting area with some chairs.

3rd was from Port Canaveral and was also a Journeys cruise, so there were tons of Plat/Diamond plus lots of Premier. Packed waiting area again. They called Diamond, but then the overhead displays simply said "Priority" and all the Premier people jumped up to board. It was rather a mess.

Next one will be from Miami, which has staggered check-in. We'll see how that goes.

Here's Carnival's FAQ about Priority check-in...

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380

We are going on a premier cruise, but are also platinum. I understand there is a separate checkin for premier. What is the difference? Does platinum board first?

I have used the platinum checkin, it's a higher priority than the premier and you will board sooner.