Grandeur Of The Seas internet and package prices

After not being able to cruise for a number of years, my husband's oncologist has cleared him for cruising so we're booked on Grandeur for December. He wanted to know about the internet on the ship.

Are there different prices for different packages? Does anyone know what they are? Also, what about streaming movies or videos over your internet connection? Is that a feasible thing or should he forget about that idea?

For myself, I'll have plenty of books downloaded on my Kindle so it doesn't affect me. But, my husband is interested just in case he can stream things like a specific football game or a movie from our Verizon.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon & Jerry

Streaming for one device runs $18 per day if purchased on the ship. You may be able to get a discount if you purchase pre-cruise, but you won't know for sure until you have a booking.

Ok, so it sounds like streaming is out of the question. That's a lot of money.

What about regular internet for emails? Same price or less? Packages? Per minute prices?

Surf only runs $13 per day for a single device.

There are no per minute prices.

The $13/$18 prices are for onboard purchases of a package for all days of the cruise.

You may be able to get a discount if you purchase pre-cruise, but you won't know that until you have a booking.

I purchased VOOM Surf for 1 device on Grandeur in June. I bought it pre-cruise and it was about $8/day. No complaints at all with speed or reliability. Even though it wasn't VOOM Stream, it handled FaceTime calls just fine. YMMV.

Thank you all for the information. Just ONE more small question....do they have an internet cafe area on the ship, and if so, can that be used on a cost per minute basis? Just to do a quick email let's say? If so, how much is that?

thanks again!

Thank you all for the information. Just ONE more small question....do they have an internet cafe area on the ship, and if so, can that be used on a cost per minute basis? Just to do a quick email let's say? If so, how much is that?

Yes to the Cafe, no to the per minute package. Only the 24 hr and full cruise packages are available. On the last day they may have a 30 min package (for folks to checkin for a flight). For a quick e-mail like you describe find a WiFi hot spot at one of the ports.

Edited by Biker19

Okay, I need to clarify. I didn't ask for a per minute PACKAGE at the internet cafe.

I want to know if you use the internet cafe, not using your own device, how much do they charge per minute? I.E. on some cruise lines it's between 65 and 75 cents per minute. Do they have something like that on the Grandeur?

Just off Grandeur. Surf package was $12.99 per day. I was able to do the regular stuff I do at home - emails, websites, etc. I was able to live stream with my Directv app but to be clear I only attempted, and received, Fox News and MSNBC. Best reception I have ever gotten on Grandeur. With my diamond plus discount I only paid $61 for the 9 day trip. Katherine

Okay, I need to clarify. I didn't ask for a per minute PACKAGE at the internet cafe.

I want to know if you use the internet cafe, not using your own device, how much do they charge per minute? I.E. on some cruise lines it's between 65 and 75 cents per minute. Do they have something like that on the Grandeur?

There is no way to use the computers in the internet cafe "by the minute". Royal has no "per minute" option for internet use. In general, the minimum charge would be $20 for a 24-hour period. I have seen some ships offer a less expensive, shorter period on the last day for folks to use to check in to their airline flights, but I don't know if that's on all ships.

No, there are no per minute packages.