Halloween

saldino

They do have a party at night - some contests in categories. We have sailed on two Halloweens and we do not dress up. I would say it's a very small percentage of people who bring a costume, but some people really planned and brought fairly elaborate things, while others might have had a little mask or something.

We didn't really pay much attention to it because we don't "do" Halloween here - it's just not anything I really like.

However, rest assured if you're one who likes Halloween, you won't be alone.

They do have a party at night - some contests in categories. We have sailed on two Halloweens and we do not dress up. I would say it's a very small percentage of people who bring a costume, but some people really planned and brought fairly elaborate things, while others might have had a little mask or something.

We didn't really pay much attention to it because we don't "do" Halloween here - it's just not anything I really like.

However, rest assured if you're one who likes Halloween, you won't be alone.

OK, thanks for the info!

Last year on the Reflection there was a "Parade" and then "judging" of customs while fun it was poorly managed by the "cruise staff"... the atrium area was decorated with jack-o-lanterns and cornstalks..

The sailing was a TA...some folks brought full blown outfits while others had accessories for "regular" clothing ..

Enjoy..

We were on the Infinity for Halloween 2014 and a good number of people dressed up. Friends of ours improvised and made togas out of bedsheets, so if you want to dress up without taking up luggage space, keep that idea in mind :D Have fun!

We boarded the ship on Halloween a few years ago and several people were already dressed up when checking in, it was great fun to see what people were wearing however the saddest sight I saw was an elderly gentleman dressed as a skeleton sitting all by himself at a large table in the dining room, he remained on his own for the entire meal unfortunately we were upstairs and he was down or we would have suggested he join us.

We were on the Infinity for Halloween 2014 and a good number of people dressed up. Friends of ours improvised and made togas out of bedsheets, so if you want to dress up without taking up luggage space, keep that idea in mind :D Have fun!

Thanks! That was one idea we had; another was getting dressed up as Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

On a cruise we were on a few years ago, there was a poolside party on Halloween night. Many had come prepared and there were lots of fun and funny characters. Most memorable was a group of guys dressed as Dalmatians with one perfectly clothed as Cruella da Ville! ::D. Also, some ship staff led the few children aboard on a trick or treating run through the ship (don't know what kind of haul the kids got, however.)

We will be on that same cruise. When I signed on for the roll call, I saw a page about a Halloween door decorating contest. Can't for the life of me find it now, so wondering if I actually even saw it.

Since we will be in Aruba overnight on Halloween, I checked and the bars do tend to celebrate Halloween and people do get dressed up for it. Hope the info helps.

Last Year we sailed the Infinity over Halloween.. we did not dress up but quite a few did.. They set up a "Haunted house" in the constellation lounge and had a costume contest.. it was a fun night.. I am sailing oasis this year for halloween and looking forward to another fun trip...

Edited by dappledumpling

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on that same cruise. When I signed on for the roll call, I saw a page about a Halloween door decorating contest. Can't for the life of me find it now, so wondering if I actually even saw it.

Since we will be in Aruba overnight on Halloween, I checked and the bars do tend to celebrate Halloween and people do get dressed up for it. Hope the info helps.

Found it!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/celebrity-infinity-october-27-2016