Just booked my first cruise!

CC103

Excited but nervous..... feel like I have a million questions, but slowly learning as I read these boards. Going on the Anthem, Oct 2017 :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the wonderful world of cruise addiction.

If you look on the page right above this thread, you will see a list of the RC ships. Click on Anthem of the Seas to read from now until your cruise! ;) :D

How very exciting. You will have a blast reading up on the ship, getting advice and tips, planning your days. I can't wait to follow your journey all the way to the end.

I seen pictures of the Anthem..... Amazing!!!!! Cant wait to see it in person.

Congratulations! Join your Roll Call to meet the people you'll be cruising with. They'll share the excitement with you. They might organize private excursions as well.

Thanks Donna! And yes, I will check it out.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the wonderful world of cruise addiction.

If you look on the page right above this thread, you will see a list of the RC ships. Click on Anthem of the Seas to read from now until your cruise! ;) :D

Thanks Merion_Mom!

Congrats!! Remember that every single one of us who offer advice to you were, once, first time cruisers. It's almost nearly impossible to write down ( or remember) EVERY. SINGLE. piece of advice you glean from this board. You and your travel party will have different likes and interests and will discover your cruising style this first time around. Remember to enjoy every moment and not fret over the small things. The truth is, being a newbie, every single moment will be better than the last and just enjoy your maiden voyage. All too soon you will be a seasoned traveler with tips and tricks to offer. Enjoy!!!

Edited by tokyotea

Congratulations & prepare to get addicted! I went on my first cruise just 2 years ago & am now going on #6 in 3 weeks (plus 3 more booked). I alternate between DH & a friend so get to see ports twice. Our Anthem is in August 2017. Those darn documentaries really effect our cruising (more).

Your best bet for finding out info is to read reviews on this site from the member review section.

This will give you the best in-site on details of the ship/voyage.

Planning is fun, however don't over do it.

Much of the fun is learning and figuring things out as you go.

Don't be one of those people whom have to research and plan every single aspect of the trip down to the minute, and meal they will eat months ahead of time.

That just takes the fun out of it.

If you have questions, use the search function before starting a new thread.

That same question has probably been asked & answered 500 times already.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising and congratulations on your first booking! It can be easy to over-plan, but it can be half the fun (at least half of the fun before you board the ship).[emoji4] If you plan with the thought that your plans may not work exactly the way you thought they would, but that will be OK, you should do fine. One word of caution about cruise reviews: You will see a mixture of good and bad reviews for the same ship (sometimes for the same sailing). This is because people have different personal experiences, as well as different expectations and "attitudes." Don't be afraid of a negative review. If the reviewer goes into sufficient detail, you may be able to compare yourself to them and see that something that bothered them won't be a big deal for you. You may even get some ideas how to avoid a similar situation on your cruise. Try to read at least as many positive reviews and don't let the occasional

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app