Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation

gene g

We boarded legend in Tampa a few years ago. Everyone went through the same security line and once past that there were lines with agents to check in, and plat/diamond/suites went to a little room where there were two desks with an agent at each. Once we were checked in we got boarding #1 and went to a priority seating area and were the first onboard.

We got there early because I had read on CC about how long the lines got quickly.

We went on the Pride about 18 months ago, and there was no lounge or special seating area. They had us just sit in the section over by the entrance with Diamonds, Plats, FTTF, suites all together.

Although they announced for Diamonds to board first, as soon as they started everyone charged to the line. We later found out that there were only two (very elderly) Diamonds and they did not get to board until the zones were announced, probably due to an extraordinary number of FTTF guests. There was no attempt by Carnival employees to restore order.

I am hoping that they enact staggered boarding by the time we cruise in February.

We went on the Pride about 18 months ago, and there was no lounge or special seating area. They had us just sit in the section over by the entrance with Diamonds, Plats, FTTF, suites all together.

Although they announced for Diamonds to board first, as soon as they started everyone charged to the line. We later found out that there were only two (very elderly) Diamonds and they did not get to board until the zones were announced, probably due to an extraordinary number of FTTF guests. There was no attempt by Carnival employees to restore order.

I am hoping that they enact staggered boarding by the time we cruise in February.

What you experienced is staggered boarding. Wedding parties followed by Diamonds and Plats, FTTF, and zones.

The only thing they are enacting is staggered check in at the ports.

What you experienced is staggered boarding. Wedding parties followed by Diamonds and Plats, FTTF, and zones.

The only thing they are enacting is staggered check in at the ports.

Actually, my point was that we did not have staggered boarding - we had a cluster (something). If the port had staggered check-in, however, there probably would have been a lot less chaos. By the time they started boarding, there was not even anywhere to sit. Not only did FTTF's rush ahead of Diamonds, & Plats, but early zone people just left there plastic cards on the seats and pushed on ahead. [i think staggered checkin would have helped a lot. A separate seating area would also have helped, obviously./B]