Caribbean Princess Suites

caddict1

Thinking of booking a cruise to Panama Canal next year and was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice about the Penthouse Suites on the Caribbean Princess? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated very much.

Edited by caddict1

Thinking of booking a cruise to Panama Canal next year and was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice about the Penthouse Suites on the Caribbean Princess? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated very much.

IMHO,Don't waste your money.The balconys are tiny compared with the Vista suites.The noise from the Lido deck from both the music and the dragging of chairs is deafening.We were upgraded to R404 and were tempted to ask for our old cabin back.Why Princess put suites below the Lido deck is beyond me.

Edited by johnmik1

IMHO,Don't waste your money.The balconys are tiny compared with the Vista suites.The noise from the Lido deck from both the music and the dragging of chairs is deafening.We were upgraded to R404 and were tempted to ask for our old cabin back.Why Princess put suites below the Lido deck is beyond me.
I'm in full agreement with you. Moving the PH suites from Caribe deck to the Riviera deck was one of the dumbest decisions Princess has made [emoji32] The balcony is so narrow that it is almost useless. We accepted a $299/person upsell to R405 on an 11 day Baltic cruise but I would never pay full price for the Riviera deck suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the other hand I would definitely recommend the Penthouse suites on the back of Aloha and Caribe decks. The balconies are huge and covered. The cabins are quiet and roomy. These, or even the Vista suites would be an excellent choice.

Aft Vista suites are the way to go. We were upgraded years ago and have never cruised in anything but the aft Vista suites since. The side of the ship Penthouse suites while nice are not worth the extra $$$ compared to the aft Vista suites. As others noted the balcony is pointless and noise is an issue.

Love the balcony, even the support beam "obstruction" on some of them. Blocks the sun if you so desire.

Edited by GRAYTech

We loved sailing in C748 (Penthouse suite aft center) so much on our New England/Canada cruise that we booked it's mirror image C749 for the British Isles trip. There's a vent in between the two cabins' balconies but we were never bothered by it. We love the half covered balcony. The size of the room was perfect for the two of us.

Aft Vista suites are the way to go. We were upgraded years ago and have never cruised in anything but the aft Vista suites since. The side of the ship Penthouse suites while nice are not worth the extra $$$ compared to the aft Vista suites. As others noted the balcony is pointless and noise is an issue.

Love the balcony, even the support beam "obstruction" on some of them. Blocks the sun if you so desire.

ditto

We've had a Dolphin deck Vista and an Emerald deck Vista, and while the Dolphin had a slighter larger balcony, either one would be our preferred choice of the suites. We appreciate the side view those balconies have in addition to the aft view. We love the white noise of the wake, and the entire aft section of those decks is very quiet and private. Slept like a baby every night.

Edited by MJC

WOW!! Thank you all so much for the quick guidance. I guess I got really spoiled with the Grand Suites on the Radiance of the Seas. Those were really nice and I was hoping these on the Rivera Deck would be good too. We have never had an aft cabin - thought maybe too much motion - but I think this time we will go for it!! Thanks again for all the help.

• 2 months later...

So excited to read this as we will be in a Dolphin vista suite next summer for British Isles cruise! It was an upgrade as a part of a move-over offer and I felt pressured to choose a suite quickly .Later, I was second-guessing whether I should have taken the mid-ship penthouse instead.

So excited to read this as we will be in a Dolphin vista suite next summer for British Isles cruise! It was an upgrade as a part of a move-over offer and I felt pressured to choose a suite quickly .Later, I was second-guessing whether I should have taken the mid-ship penthouse instead.
You have chosen wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums