"Refundable Onboard Credit Applied"

GradUT

I just got back from a 4-day cruise on the Imagination (Long Beach-Catalina-Ensenada-Sea Day-Long Beach). The night before we returned to Long Beach, I went to the kiosk to get a copy of my charges. It included a credit of $18.07 with the notation, "Refundable Onboard Credit Applied". I had no idea what this was but when I went back later to get my companion's statement, I noticed that the person in front of me also got that credit on all of the statements she got and my companion got it too.

I thought at first that it might be a refund of port charges, but our ship went to all the scheduled ports. (Note: We did not get off the ship in Ensenada, but that should not affect port fees.)

I'm glad to get the credit, but I am curious. Any ideas?

I just got back from a 4-day cruise on the Imagination (Long Beach-Catalina-Ensenada-Sea Day-Long Beach). The night before we returned to Long Beach, I went to the kiosk to get a copy of my charges. It included a credit of $18.07 with the notation, "Refundable Onboard Credit Applied". I had no idea what this was but when I went back later to get my companion's statement, I noticed that the person in front of me also got that credit on all of the statements she got and my companion got it too.

I thought at first that it might be a refund of port charges, but our ship went to all the scheduled ports. (Note: We did not get off the ship in Ensenada, but that should not affect port fees.)

We had the same thing last week on the Legend, and when I asked at Guest Services, they said that port charges had been overestimated, so that was a refund. No problem - more bar money for us, lol

Take it and run.

I sailed with my whole extended family recently, my son, who was watching every penny was unaware of the refund and had not checked his account because he knew none of his three family members had charged anything to the room. When he got home, he received a port charges refund check for almost $60 that he wishes he had enjoyed on the ship instead! I didn't think to remind him because I have sailed more often than he has but it was not his first rodeo!

My next cruise our port taxes are $17 higher than when we booked.

The nice thing is I have never seen them charge the difference unless

you apply for a ES discount or change your booking for some reason,