96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

I can't wait to see your pictures. We will be on Freedom in 2 weeks. We have the western itinerary with Labadee and Grand Cayman. Love the puppy pics, we leave our "grumpy old man", a 14 year old cairn terrier named Ziggy Stardust.

Following along! We sail on the Adventure in 3 weeks so your review and Andrews review will keep us going at least for this week. Maybe I can find a live review for the two weeks after that as well!!

Thanks for taking the time to do the review and I hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Ok, the Freedom is docked facing east, so the new captain won't have to turn around to leave port. Captain Bean is supposed to leave on vacation today and our new Master is Captain Toni.

2213953395a8d7c82915703a77816706.jpg

Beautiful morning on Cocoa Beach

c54daf486cda75aedc384e666ca4fd50.jpg

Closing shutters, then a shower. Glad I don't do this very often.

4168d7de973cdfce1fc9a1672a4bdeac.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

John, Looking forward to the review. I board Freedom on September 25 for three weeks. Curious whether Xavier or Sanjay will be the Hotel Director during that period.

I will try and find out. As to everyone else participating, welcome once again, I will try and catch up with you onboard.

My plan for boarding is to drop the bags off around 11AM and then head back to condo. Our son will then pick us up at 12:30 and we hope to be onboar around 1:00 or so. Just in time for cabins to be ready.

Bell will be staying with Greg and his family for the week. I asked him to send us a few 'proof of life" pics to make sure she is doing well. i will try and post if they turn out nice. Our house/pet sitter in March sent us one, Bell didn't look all that happy. :eek:

Oh, and we will be staying in one of the new cabins on Deck 12, 1890 to be exact. So if we do get some rough seas it should be a blast.

enhance

I may be attempting on commandeering a lounge chair for our balcony since they are basically right out our door. :o I'll let you know how that works out.

We actually enjoy some rough seas, and you know the captain will do his best to keep you out of anything too bad.

You should definitely go for the lounge chair!

Just followed on Periscope. I've had the app for months and haven't really done anything with it, so this will be a first.

Hope you and Laura have a great cruise! :)

Our roll call has a pre muster party at 2:00 Sky Bar. I think I can find it ;)

Also, this is where you will most likely find us in the morning up until about noon. Laura loves the little balcony in front of Sky Bar.

enhance

The 96 hours refers to the amount of free internet I should be getting as a D+ member. I'm not sure if it will be two 48 hour blocks or four 24 hour blocks. I hope to use the mainland cell towers for as long as I can on Sunday afternoon. After that you can look for me on Monday.

I've been mentioning to folks who are D+, to use their first coupon on day 2 (like you will) and then buy the remaining days package on day 4, which should be $39, the value of you second coupon - basically giving you free internet for almost the whole cruise.

My plan for boarding is to drop the bags off around 11AM and then head back to condo. Our son will then pick us up at 12:30 and we hope to be onboar around 1:00 or so. :eek:

John,

Sorry to interrupt your thread. I followed some of your posting on another thread.. I will be sailing on the last Freedom cruise out of Pt. Canaveral. You mentioned that I may not dock at the same terminal when we return Nov 4th, due to the Majesty be in port. If you find out anything about that -- I am following this thread with you... Thanks :D

Kevin

So let's give everyone a little background on this trip.

We actually booked this cruise in April 2015 onboard Oasis while waiting for our cabin to open. So it was around 18 months ago. I really wasn't paying attention when we booked the western itinerary and I just figured it would be Labadie, Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

enhance

Looking forward to following along! We're boarding next Sunday when you finish up and are doing the first itinerary you posted above.

Having you perspective and comments this week with a number of common ports will be helpful and enjoyable for sure!

Maybe you stay on another week and get that cabana?

John

Hi John, I have been informed you will also be Periscoping? I post a monthly list on the RC Blog, and FB Group, "Royal Caribbean Periscopers" I have added you to my lists. I will follow along here as well!!! Have a great Cruise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

John,

Sorry to interrupt your thread. I followed some of your posting on another thread.. I will be sailing on the last Freedom cruise out of Pt. Canaveral. You mentioned that I may not dock at the same terminal when we return Nov 4th, due to the Majesty be in port. If you find out anything about that -- I am following this thread with you... Thanks :D

Kevin

Ahoy lovetocruisee

Nov 4th will prove to be an interesting day/night at Port Canaveral.

The Majesty returns to Port Canaveral on Friday, Nov 4th.......Leaving at 4pm that day.

The Oasis takes her last sailing on Oct 29th from Fort Lauderdale for 6 nights returning on Nov 4th.

Supposedly, the Oasis will also be making her way to Port Canaveral on Nov 4th for her first sailing on Sat, Nov 5th........

Port Canaveral cruise line ship schedule is not showing Novembers, 2016 ship schedule.

Hopefully, someone will have more information as to the arrival of the Oasis and to which terminal the Freedom and the Majesty will return to...

We will be watching the Port Canaveral webcam on Nov 4th.... as well as eating at Fishlips and watching the ships sail away around dinner time.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

D&B

Edited by Parrotheadtoo

Ok, the Freedom is docked facing east, so the new captain won't have to turn around to leave port. Captain Bean is supposed to leave on vacation today and our new Master is Captain Toni.

2213953395a8d7c82915703a77816706.jpg

Beautiful morning on Cocoa Beach

c54daf486cda75aedc384e666ca4fd50.jpg

Closing shutters, then a shower. Glad I don't do this very often.

4168d7de973cdfce1fc9a1672a4bdeac.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Folks liked Captain Toni. He got off the week we got on FR (6-19). Looks like the shutters were a bit hard but easier to close than putting up the shutters manually like we do here in SC.