96 hours "Live" Part Deux, Freedom of the Seas - August 28, 2016

That's our favorite spot as well. Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing. Missing FOS as this has been our week for the past two years.

Umm, you have a Harmony TA in another month. :D

Oh, and thanks for the kind words :)

Edited by John&LaLa

This is always a fun picture. All the stuff I packed and didn't use.

5a1a69b4f5781f40ee53673515ef55e8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Flip Flops - no need, either went barefoot or wore my boat shoes

Binoculars - nope, the big lens on the camera worked fine

Safari hat - ball caps were more than adequate

Point and shoot camera - that's what smart phones are for now

Glow bands - no idea why i took those

Book - not my style

Note pad - easier to just type on the phone

Extra camera lenses - overkill, did use the 40 MM pancake, wide angle, and big telephoto.

Chromebook - smartphone was fine. never got a chance to try logoff.com though

GPS - phone does that also

Knock off GoPro - forgot about it, but no many water shot chances anyway

Ipod - Laura used hers a lot, I never sat still long enough

extra chargers - did use two, this was a third

Multi tap outlet - we had two plugs on desk and phone charger worked fine in the bathroom outlet

lens filters - no real application

Not in the picture

Red Bull and Jagermeister (two of each) - I just bring that to see if I can smuggle it on. Been on at least 3 trips now.

Will need to pack lighter next time. Doubtful, well maybe for the Sydney voyage in 2018

Edited by John&LaLa

This is always a fun picture. All the stuff I packed and didn't use.

5a1a69b4f5781f40ee53673515ef55e8.jpg

Not too bad! I'm a notorious over packer and will have tons of stuff I won't use! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Freedom last week of July and it was a ghost town as far as C&A members were concerned. I know there were four pinnacles and very few D+. We attended the breakfast with an officer and there were, drum roll, EIGHT people in total. All the officers got a pass that day except for Tyrone, the HR officer. The top tier event was crazy. More servers than attendee's. The CL was totally empty most evenings. Just us two chickens and Rahul!

Loved your review and pictures! I will miss the Freedom in PC.

Sorry to butt in. John, I have been following you all week. GREAT review, love the pictures;). Can anyone tell me if I am able to use the CL. We are Diamond, but just in a J.S.

Kevin

Sorry to butt in. John, I have been following you all week. GREAT review, love the pictures;). Can anyone tell me if I am able to use the CL. We are Diamond, but just in a J.S.

Kevin

Nope, sorry. The DL has benefits as well. It's larger, better view, etc..

But it doesn't have Heidi. :(

Just about done.

Freedom leaving Sunday night without us.

4496712adad0fdf4ddd246a27d122c1a.jpg

6ca19e7b785423d51e4137e3e360a0c7.jpg

I never did find out what the docking situation will be on her last debarking before leaving in November. Sorry

And here is Cocoa Beach this morning, settling back into reality.

9c0d8b8d78c50d5c1bb9b30ed084f049.jpg

And the lovely Bella

0314b4ae7fa35fd4479cb4095ed09b4f.jpg

I enjoyed your live review tremendously. Thank you for sharing. The B&W photos of you and Laura are beautiful! No wonder you reconsidered and got them. I'll be on Freedom in a couple of weeks, squeezing in one more trip on her before she redeploys, and your reporting makes me even more excited about going. Thank you.

The CL (Concierge Lounge)

5902e75137b71b954a3fed0d91503431.jpg

Rahul (Concierge) and Laura prior to our photo shoot

3c70519b0a231e4e93777a09b6a9db2e.jpg

She wasn't happy with her up do. Nothing a Peach Martini couldn't fix.

7f5b965094031ade336791a9ea8d5980.jpg

Loved the picture of Laura with Rahul -- I will miss him when FR goes to FLL. We've sailed with him since 2010. Also great picture of the 2 of you.

Last post for the night.

I mentioned earlier we had a private photo shoot for B&W pictures.

It was held up in the Library on 7. Good use of the space in my opinion.

Anyway, it was on formal night, they took about 100 pictures over 30 minutes. It was a lot of fun. We then made an appointment for our viewing the next morning. So we show up at 9:30 Saturday morning for the presentation. She sat us on a couch and we watched a slide show with about 60 photos. They also had some romantic music playing.

When it finished she showed us the available packages. :eek::eek::eek:

I don't want to spoil it for you, but one package was 100 pics for $2,500

The pics were lovely, but I couldn't justify even the cheapest pkg.

We parted friends and she said she would be available later if we changed our mind.

We did. :o

After lamenting the situation for an hour or so, we sheepishly returned to negotiate some better terms. We decided on 10 pics for $550. So now we have to cull out the best photos and many look alike. But it was fun. and we looked good.

Here is an example or two. I couldn't not buy them.

enhance

enhance

I have three more things to discuss, but that will have to wait until tomorrow

Great pictures of the two of you -- outrageous prices but glad you were able to buy some.

Laura's jewelry is very striking -- the ring and necklace. They remind me of some of Duchess of Windsor's panther pieces.

Edited by SherriZ366

We were on the Freedom last week of July and it was a ghost town as far as C&A members were concerned. I know there were four pinnacles and very few D+. We attended the breakfast with an officer and there were, drum roll, EIGHT people in total. All the officers got a pass that day except for Tyrone, the HR officer. The top tier event was crazy. More servers than attendee's. The CL was totally empty most evenings. Just us two chickens and Rahul!

Loved your review and pictures! I will miss the Freedom in PC.

The same thin happened on the June 19, 2016 FR cruise. At our officer's breakfast, we only had one table with the captain at one end and the Chief Engineer at the other end. The CL did not have many more people than you did and Rahul an his servers missed the vibe. Glad of the time with Rahul, though. The ship had lots of families and family groups.

Great pictures of the two of you -- outrageous prices but glad you were able to buy some.

Laura's jewelry is very striking -- the ring and necklace. They remind me of some of Duchess of Windsor's panther pieces.

They are Effy Signature collection.

I couldn't afford Cartier Panthers

Found them on Oasis. I think she now has all she needs.

I have 6 months to acquire a gold watch for her retirement gift. [emoji6]

Awesome review. Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. We sail the first 8 night the Freedom does in November.

Have to agree with everyone else that the BW photos are incredible. They must have some more "professional" photographers onboard, as we have encountered some lately that just snap and go!! I can see why they were hard to pass up buying.

Have a few questions.

Did either of you buy the soda package?? We normally do not buy any drink packages. I can't drink caffeine, so in the past we carried on some caffeine free diet coke. But the freedom cruise will be our first time with the coke machines. Do you know if the machines have CF Diet coke??

Also a question on the drink card?? Do you have any idea if this card can be used for frozen drinks?, ie, pina colada??

And what about your bed?? We have requested a mattress topper on our bed after reading some reviews about beds on the Freedom being as hard as a rock. I know this is a preference, and a firm mattress doesn't bother me. However, I really don't want to feel like I'm sleeping on the floor!!

Again, great review and great pictures.

Awesome review. Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. We sail the first 8 night the Freedom does in November.

Have to agree with everyone else that the BW photos are incredible. They must have some more "professional" photographers onboard, as we have encountered some lately that just snap and go!! I can see why they were hard to pass up buying.

Have a few questions.

Did either of you buy the soda package?? We normally do not buy any drink packages. I can't drink caffeine, so in the past we carried on some caffeine free diet coke. But the freedom cruise will be our first time with the coke machines. Do you know if the machines have CF Diet coke??

Also a question on the drink card?? Do you have any idea if this card can be used for frozen drinks?, ie, pina colada??

And what about your bed?? We have requested a mattress topper on our bed after reading some reviews about beds on the Freedom being as hard as a rock. I know this is a preference, and a firm mattress doesn't bother me. However, I really don't want to feel like I'm sleeping on the floor!!

Again, great review and great pictures.

Our photographer was a young lady from Brazil. She may not have been part of the regular photo dept staff. It may have been a seperate sub-contractor. Our invoice and my jump drive says Picture this Portrait Studio

We did not do the soda pkg, but Laura has in the past. The Freestyle machines should have CF Diet Coke. I doubt you will find it anywhere in the bars.

The punch card is eligible for frozen drinks. Like I said, I did not notice them for sale until the last day, and that was to late. Many have suggested to start asking the bar staff early. I could have, I became tight with Imelda in the Sky Bar.

Bed was firm. It had two thin pads, no egg crates were available. Our Steward placed a duvet under the sheets and it was fine. I do like firm, but it definitely had a nice feel to it with the duvet in place

They are Effy Signature collection.

I couldn't afford Cartier Panthers

Found them on Oasis. I think she now has all she needs.

I have 6 months to acquire a gold watch for her retirement gift. [emoji6]

I don't usually go into Effy when we cruise (we shop mostly at Ballerina Jewelers). I looked at the whole collection online. Will look for them on Oasis when we sail on her.

I don't think many of us could afford Cartier or the Windsor Jewels. He spent millions on them and they brought $50 million at auction. I'm reading and watching Royalty books and videos as an escape from current events right now.

I wanted to stop by and say thank you for letting us enjoy your cruise vicariously. My good friends were cruising with you so it was nice to know they had great weather. We saw them last night and I told them I was 'stalking them'. When they asked how, I told them and they said they met you sat the pre-muster party. Hopefully we'll get to sail with you someday soon.

I look forward to more of your posts and of course your adorable Bella photos.

Erika

I wanted to stop by and say thank you for letting us enjoy your cruise vicariously. My good friends were cruising with you so it was nice to know they had great weather. We saw them last night and I told them I was 'stalking them'. When they asked how, I told them and they said they met you sat the pre-muster party. Hopefully we'll get to sail with you someday soon.

I look forward to more of your posts and of course your adorable Bella photos.

Erika

Thanks. Maybe I'll post from Serenade in 2017 so you can preview it

Edited by John&LaLa

Freedom Fest was a little different from previous trips. All they had was a fruit carving demo and Kummelwreck sandwiches.

df9838bc6516e8726ff8f4479bfdb6d6.jpg

No photo of sandwiches, the beef was not rare at all. Big let down.

They were finally selling the 10 drink punch cards. $70 and it included the gratuity.

590fe5738d30d385fbabdc287c3b08c2.jpg

30032e09eb01eac38db6dddfbd3b8e50.jpg

They may have been available earlier, but I never thought to ask.

I called RC this morning and they do offer this for most ships on most sailings. I will be on the 9/18 FOS and it will be available for that cruise. I can purchase it as soon as I get onboard. I am cancelling my premium drink package (because I don't drink enough to make it worth while) and doing this. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed your review and pictures. Thanks for doing the review.

I called RC this morning and they do offer this for most ships on most sailings. I will be on the 9/18 FOS and it will be available for that cruise. I can purchase it as soon as I get onboard. I am cancelling my premium drink package (because I don't drink enough to make it worth while) and doing this. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed your review and pictures. Thanks for doing the review.

I'm kicking myself for not asking earlier. A punch card or two would have nicely supplemented our evening alcohol. If you can, come back and verify that it was available in the beginning. Some have surmised that they don't offer it until the end to try and boost sagging alcohol sales if needed.