Princess EZ Check Question

cclvr

If you travel with a person with disabilities the EZ service is well worth the cost. Mom and I used it last year and it made the processing through customs at the port a breeze and the madhouse at the airport bearable.

There is now a pogram at the piers in Seattle called Port Valet that is virtually the exact same as the Princess' EZ-Check program that gets your bags from the ports to SeaTac and is absolutely free which is even better than EZ-Check.

Tom

• 3 months later...

I've read this whole thread, and I still have questions.

To use EZ Check, Princess must also check you in for your flight, correct?

Where do I find a list of participating airlines?

Do you have to have your flight booked through Princess to use EZ Check?

I've read this whole thread, and I still have questions.

To use EZ Check, Princess must also check you in for your flight, correct?

Where do I find a list of participating airlines?

Do you have to have your flight booked through Princess to use EZ Check?

1.Yes, Princess will automatically check you in (if you haven't already) and print your boarding pass. Of course if you are on an airline which it behooves you to check in at the stroke of 24 hours before takeoff (ie Southwest) you should still do so. Princess does not begin the process until late in the afternoon.

2. Because of week-to-week variables Princess (or the company providing the service) cannot promise in advance which carriers are participating on any given day. Thus you will never see an advance list. But there is a rough list about five posts up. Basically it is pretty much most all the legacy carriers that fly domestic routes from MIA, FLL, or SEA, plus the discount airlines that do work with the program; I have seen Alaska, JetBlue Virgin America, and of course Southwest. Will never have Spirit or Allegiant as their giant pyramid of various fees is incompatible with the system.

3. No, but it certainly helps to have entered your flight info into the Cruise Personalizer. They may not include the EZCheck sign-up in your disembarkaton forms if they do not know that you are on an eligible flight. Or your carrier may be left off the form if for your particular sailing no one has reported being booked on it.

Edited by fishywood

1.Yes, Princess will automatically check you in (if you haven't already) and print your boarding pass. Of course if you are on an airline which it behooves you to check in at the stroke of 24 hours before takeoff (ie Southwest) you should still do so. Princess does not begin the process until late in the afternoon.

2. Because of week-to-week variables Princess (or the company providing the service) cannot promise in advance which carriers are participating on any given day. Thus you will never see an advance list. But there is a rough list about five posts up. Basically it is pretty much most all the legacy carriers that fly domestic routes from MIA, FLL, or SEA, plus the discount airlines that do work with the program; I have seen Alaska, JetBlue Virgin America, and of course Southwest. Will never have Spirit or Allegiant as their giant pyramid of various fees is in compatible with the system.

3. No, but it certainly helps to have entered your flight info into the Cruise Personalizer. They may not include the EZCheck sign-up in your disembarkaton forms if they do not know that you are on an eligible flight. Or your carrier may be left off the form if for your particular sailing no one has reported being booked on it.

Thank you. Another question. It costs each of us $25.00 PLUS the baggage fee that our airline imposes, right?

Yes, $25 per person plus the bag fees. If your ticket class or mileage/points level allows for free bags it is best to bring a copy of your reservation showing this to attach to the EZCheck sign up, though there is a space to write in that info as well.

If you are on an airline or ticket class that includes, say, two free bags, or charges the same price for first and second bag (though I think that is pretty much history now), a known trick is to just sign up one person rather than two and check both bags under one name. Saving one $25 fee. As long as your seat assignments are confirmed in advance of course.

• 4 months later...