Princess EZ Check Question

cclvr

Any overweight bags that are checked in under the EZ-Check program are not assessed the overweight charge.

Tom

Hi Pierlesscruisers, my answer (#21) was in regards to the EZ Check charge of $20 not about overweight bags. Sorry for any confusion;)

Edited by Happy2cruise

Hi Pierlesscruisers, my answer (#21) was in regards to the EZ Check charge of $20 not about overweight bags. Sorry for any confusion;)

Okay, sorry 'bout that. Just wanted to make sure that it was known that by using EZ-Check that you did save the money that would be spent on overweight bags.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

We've used EZcheck many times and love the convenience. We are flying JetBlue for the first time, and have BluePlus tickets which will cover the cost of one checked bag for each of us. Will we be able to indicate that on the EZcheck form, or will Princess pick up on that when checking us in, and therefore not charge the baggage fee?

We've used EZcheck many times and love the convenience. We are flying JetBlue for the first time, and have BluePlus tickets which will cover the cost of one checked bag for each of us. Will we be able to indicate that on the EZcheck form, or will Princess pick up on that when checking us in, and therefore not charge the baggage fee?

There is a space on the form to indicate that;)

We are flying Delta and therefore have a $25 baggage fee per bag. If we use EZ Check does Princess take care of the baggage fee and then add the charge on my shipboard account plus the EZ Check charge of course?

The short answer is Yes. Here is what is stated on the EZ-Check form: "A service fee plus any related baggage fees as imposed by your Airline will be charged on to your shipboard account."

Have a great cruise!

Tom

• 3 months later...
I used this several years ago. Is it offered for Ft Lauderdale ports flying American?

It was available in 2013 but I've never sailed out of Lauderdale and can't vouch whether it's still available. You might try one of the current Roll Call threads and check there. I suspect it's still available.

Tom

We just used EZ bag check for the first time on the Royal 2 weeks ago. It was very nice not having to bag drag as we had a late flight out of MIA although we debarked at Port Everglades.

Here's a few things that happened to us:

We were not given the forms to sign up for EZ check. Apparently, these forms were passed out on Day 5 of a 10 day cruise.When I went to the service desk, the agent said that we didn't get the forms because we didn't qualify for EZ check. Allegedly, if you don't enter your flights on your cruise personalizer, Princess decides that you don't qualify. I didn't put our flights there since we did them on our own many months after purchasing the cruise. Lesson learned....enter your flights on your cruise personalizer.

We filled out the forms and passed them in right at the service desk. We had first class so we wrote in on the form that there was no baggage fee.

Our flights were at 7:15PM, so we figured that we wouldn't get the boarding pass and bag tags til after 7:15PM the night before debarkation. Surprisingly, we received passes and tags at about 5PM, indicating that they can somehow check you in prior to the 24 hour window. Surprisingly, our bags arrived at our final destination safe and sound!

We just used EZ bag check for the first time on the Royal 2 weeks ago. It was very nice not having to bag drag as we had a late flight out of MIA although we debarked at Port Everglades.

Here's a few things that happened to us:

We were not given the forms to sign up for EZ check. Apparently, these forms were passed out on Day 5 of a 10 day cruise.When I went to the service desk, the agent said that we didn't get the forms because we didn't qualify for EZ check. Allegedly, if you don't enter your flights on your cruise personalizer, Princess decides that you don't qualify. I didn't put our flights there since we did them on our own many months after purchasing the cruise. Lesson learned....enter your flights on your cruise personalizer.

We filled out the forms and passed them in right at the service desk. We had first class so we wrote in on the form that there was no baggage fee.

Our flights were at 7:15PM, so we figured that we wouldn't get the boarding pass and bag tags til after 7:15PM the night before debarkation. Surprisingly, we received passes and tags at about 5PM, indicating that they can somehow check you in prior to the 24 hour window. Surprisingly, our bags arrived at our final destination safe and sound!

Glad that everything worked out okay for you. I'm really glad that you mentioned the reason you weren't considered "qualified" for EZ-check as I didn't know that was a consideration, although I can see their rationale on that, but I'll be sure to remember that in the future!

Have a great New Year! I hope that 2017 is better than 2016 for you but not as good as 2018 will be! :p

Tom

You can check yourself in 24 hours before the flight.

When Princess checks you in later, they will get the boarding pass for the positions you received when you checked in.

Thus you can have your cake (check in 24 hours before flight) and eat it too (use EZCheck).

This is correct. We just used this service with Princess and Southwest. We had our TA (my sister) check us in at the 24 hour mark to get a good boarding number. So, by the time Princess printed our boarding passes we already had a good assignment number. They then gave us our boarding passes and luggage tags by 8:30p.m. We tagged our bags and set them outside the door. We didn't see our luggage again until arriving at our final destination. You only pay for Princess service. No charge for first two bags with Southwest. Makes it all really worth it. Plus we used Mobile Passport at Port Everglades and breezed through customs.

Mj

Hello. Im doing ez air for the first time. Sydney to Brisbane. Only a short flight. I depart in 3 weeks. Now im slightlt confused since Ive receieved no eze form or anyother information on our flights. Besides them showing on our presonalizer. I have been meaning to call princess :)

Hello. Im doing ez air for the first time. Sydney to Brisbane. Only a short flight. I depart in 3 weeks. Now im slightlt confused since Ive receieved no eze form or anyother information on our flights. Besides them showing on our presonalizer. I have been meaning to call princess :)

You should see the airlines confirmation code in your Travel Summary. Use that to go to the airline site directly to get boarding passes.

Just used EZcheck getting off the Regal in Port Everglades. The EZcheck information/sign-up has a statement the says that users will NOT be charged for overweight baggage. I can confirm that this was accurate because two of our bags were tagged as overweight when we picked them up at our destination, and we were not charged.

I've never used this before as I usually drive. This time, however, we decided to take it easy and fly to FLL.

How much is the service charge on this? (I understand that the airline bag fees will be charged additionally).

I've never used this before as I usually drive. This time, however, we decided to take it easy and fly to FLL.

How much is the service charge on this? (I understand that the airline bag fees will be charged additionally).

It has been a couple of years since I used EZ-Check and the charge then was $20. Well worth it in my opinion. Sure wish it was offered at more ports.

25 is still a bargain. often we don't fly out of FLL until the evening to get a nonstop flight, ANOTHER PLUS is that with ezcheck we don't have to worry about storing our bags during the day since some airlines won't let you check them early in the day for a late flight.