Sea Princess Cocaine Bust in Sydney Harbor

kayzmarie

We don't know how the drugs were detected, and whether it was a tip-off, but the good this is that they were found. :) The fact that it has been mentioned that police from Canada and USA were involved, leads me to think it was a tip-off and not that it was found as it was taken on the ship.

One of the other posters in this thread told us that princess security

knew exactly when the drugs were brought on board.

Where did you read that the captain "was in the know the whole time"?:cool:

The captain of a ship he is commanding knows everything about what's going on on his ship. Are you kidding me? $30 million in coke and he's not in the know? I bet the crew are still talking about it - especially the cabin steward.

You worked on princess cruises as a waiter sailing from

a north american port?

I didn't say I worked as a waiter, but I had to fill out the same time sheet that all crew do.

Although most of their ships operate out of North America and everything is geared for there, I believe Princess is consistent across the fleet regarding crew conditions etc.

The security staff knew all along. They usually do, they are not stupid hence the reason there was a major operation to catch them.

The only sad thing is that the ship did not stop in a country that has the death penalty and allow them to be arrested there. That at least would have been the best outcome with less scum allowed to live.

Scum is in the eye of the beholder. Take care about what you advocate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scum is in the eye of the beholder. Take care about what you advocate.

I totally despise people who take, promote and deal recreational drugs. I have no time for them in my life. They are the lowest of the low and to be perfectly frank I don't even consider then worthy human beings. I have never touched a recreational drug in my life and I am pleased and proud to go through life without any association with them. I don't have time in my life for people that need to take recreational drugs to get their kicks.

So yes I am pleased and proud to put my hand up high and say I advocate that druggies are scum.

I totally despise people who take, promote and deal recreational drugs. I have no time for them in my life. They are the lowest of the low and to be perfectly frank I don't even consider then worthy human beings. I have never touched a recreational drug in my life and I am pleased and proud to go through life without any association with them. I don't have time in my life for people that need to take recreational drugs to get their kicks.

So yes I am pleased and proud to put my hand up high and say I advocate that druggies are scum.

I suppose I could imagine life without alcohol, but life without caffeine would be difficult at times. How do you do it?

I definitely understand. In the bad neighborhoods, drug use is devastating upon the family and the social order. Crack and a myriad of other drugs are horrifying. They are worse than just recreational. I have seen it first hand.

I definitely understand your viewpoint.

Who do people think is buying all that coke? Not much of it is going to people in low rent crime ridden neighborhoods. Most of the buyers are your friends, family and neighbors. Your doctors, butchers and lawyers. Not anyone you know of course just other peoples.

My point was that if you advocate that the government kill others, you are on a slippery slope.

That doesn't make it OK.

Whether crack' date=' heroin, meth, or cocaine, drugs are destructive of the family and the social order.

I have seen it, up close and personal.[/quote']

I don't disagree and I noticed you left out the most popular and arguably most destructive drug off your list - alcohol.

I have never touched a recreational drug in my life and I am pleased and proud to go through life without any association with them. I don't have time in my life for people that need to take recreational drugs to get their kicks.

So you're a teetotaler then?

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to pick up on this comment about 13+ hour days. :) This is a myth. Princess follows the terms set down under the International Labour Organization. No crew are permitted to work more than 70 hours per week - average 10 hours per day. They have to fill out a time sheet to account for every 15 minute time block. The sheet is regarded as a legal form and is initialled by their supervisor. :)

Perhaps in some perfect world.

"Cruise Lines Unreasonably Overwork Crew Members - Cabin attendants, galley employees and waiters and other crew members work a minimum of ten to twelve hours a day, sometimes far more, seven days a week, for eight to ten months a year. They have no time off. It's all legal because cruise lines don't have to comply with U.S. labor laws due to their foreign incorporation and flags of convenience. Cruise lines are supposed to have been obligated to work their crew members a maximum number of hours with mandatory rest periods pursuant to MLC2006. But many companies flaunt the maritime labor code. Crew members are still often prohibited from logging in to work when they appear on duty to prepare their work stations or attend meetings. Department heads and supervisors often force crew members to sign out of the Kronos time system and keep working "off the clock." Compliance with the strict USPH standards leads to the managers overworking the crew. I chronicled the abuse aboard the Oceania Riviera earlier this year where crew members were forced to work 18 to 20 hours a day."

Source:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/crew-member-rights-1/

Perhaps in some perfect world.

"Cruise Lines Unreasonably Overwork Crew Members - Cabin attendants, galley employees and waiters and other crew members work a minimum of ten to twelve hours a day, sometimes far more, seven days a week, for eight to ten months a year. They have no time off. It's all legal because cruise lines don't have to comply with U.S. labor laws due to their foreign incorporation and flags of convenience. Cruise lines are supposed to have been obligated to work their crew members a maximum number of hours with mandatory rest periods pursuant to MLC2006. But many companies flaunt the maritime labor code. Crew members are still often prohibited from logging in to work when they appear on duty to prepare their work stations or attend meetings. Department heads and supervisors often force crew members to sign out of the Kronos time system and keep working "off the clock." Compliance with the strict USPH standards leads to the managers overworking the crew. I chronicled the abuse aboard the Oceania Riviera earlier this year where crew members were forced to work 18 to 20 hours a day."

Source:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/crew-member-rights-1/

I would not place too much credence on the site quoted. This person is renowned for sensational articles. ;)

I was talking about the situation on Princess, not on Oceania. There is absolutely no way that crew on Princess are "forced to work 18 to 20 hours a day". They are limited to 14 hours a day and a total of 70 hours a week. When I was in business I worked 16-17 hours a day, but it would have been physically impossible for me to work 18-20 hours a day (with the definite implication that it is repeatedly that number of hours). I doubt that crew on Oceania would be forced to work those hours. No-one could keep up that schedule. I suggest that it is wild exaggeration on the part of the writer of the article.

As I mentioned, on Princess, all crew have to fill in a time sheet that specifies "work" and "rest". Preparing work stations and attending meetings are not "rest". Princess is insistent that all their staff keep to the mandated hours, fill in their time sheet and have it checked by their supervisor. I was told that several years ago a Mexican staffer sued Princess claiming he worked an unreasonable number of hours, and because they did not have proof (signed time sheets), Princess could not support their claim that he had not. :)

They are limited to 14 hours a day and a total of 70 hours a week.

This is not true for waiters on princess, no matter how many

times you say so.

I posted a link previously -- waiter contracts on princess

are typically for 330 or 390 hours per month.

Anyone here can simply ask their waiter

-- do you work more than 70 hours per week?

No need for anyone to rely on what is posted on these forums...

...about waiters, or cabin stewards.

Edited by pablo222