Beverage Package with a minor

akowilm

Booked the 'Go Best' Package with a special, but now I read that if BOTH guests aren't 21, both must forfeit the package??? Can the teenager not just have his package reduced to a non-alcoholic package? Does anyone have any experiences to share?:confused::confused:

Thanks!

This is how its worded:

"Guests 1 and 2 in the cabin must be 21 years of age or older on the day of embarkation, per Celebrity Cruises, to be eligible for this benefit. Guests not meeting this requirement will forfeit this benefit."

Does that mean 'guests' that are under 21, or 'both guests' in the cabin? I would think the child would be able to get the down-graded non-alcoholic package?

This is how its worded:

"Guests 1 and 2 in the cabin must be 21 years of age or older on the day of embarkation, per Celebrity Cruises, to be eligible for this benefit. Guests not meeting this requirement will forfeit this benefit."

Does that mean 'guests' that are under 21, or 'both guests' in the cabin? I would think the child would be able to get the down-graded non-alcoholic package?

Looks like you are right since the operative word is "AND".:(

We travelled with minors and they simply converted the classic 'alcohol' package to a classic 'non alcohol' package (we had one adult and one child booked in each of 2 cabins).

It should be no fuss as no loss to them - in fact it's a cheaper perk!

Might be best to give them a call and discuss and have them convert it. I know I called at the time and was advised the system would've automatically converted the package to the non alcoholic option- although I'm not sure I have that much faith in their system that it would have without my intervention [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

We travelled with minors and they simply converted the classic 'alcohol' package to a classic 'non alcohol' package (we had one adult and one child booked in each of 2 cabins).

It should be no fuss as no loss to them - in fact it's a cheaper perk!

Might be best to give them a call and discuss and have them convert it. I know I called at the time and was advised the system would've automatically converted the package to the non alcoholic option- although I'm not sure I have that much faith in their system that it would have without my intervention [emoji13]

I was hoping this was the case! I wonder, since we booked 'best' and have the premium package included, if the kid's package would convert to kids' premium? It only makes sense!!

I was hoping this was the case! I wonder, since we booked 'best' and have the premium package included, if the kid's package would convert to kids' premium? It only makes sense!!

Oh I missed that, but yes in principle same, same! It seems logical to me, but that's not that their systems always follow lol!!

Booked the 'Go Best' Package with a special, but now I read that if BOTH guests aren't 21, both must forfeit the package??? Can the teenager not just have his package reduced to a non-alcoholic package? Does anyone have any experiences to share?:confused::confused:

Thanks!

Do you have a telephone. Have you called Celebrity.

DON

Do you have a telephone. Have you called Celebrity.

DON

I DO have a telephone, but I don't have 45 minutes to be on hold, to be told by a 'receptionist' (who has no clue how things work on the ship) an answer that is invariably incorrect....

I love X and have cruised with them for many years, but I know and understand how their customer service works...I have not, however, included a child in any of my many reservations, and thought I would pose the questions for a friend that will be traveling with us.

I have always found the information I receive via Cruise Critic by fellow cruisers' experiences to be far superior to a co-worker in a cubicle that has never stepped foot on a cruise ship.....