Sunshine - does it still smell??

bender031177

I have sailed her twice and did not smell anything, however just this week they had a small fire in a cabin on deck 6 aft so hopefully that smell will be gone when i sail in Oct.

I hope the fire smell is gone for our Oct cruise too. Especially since the room that it was supposedly in is right above ours one room over.

Hey there--just off the Sunshine this morning. There is absolutely no fire smell, in fact most people wouldn't have known about it unless the captain had mentioned it after the initial medical call over the loudspeaker. But yes, there is absolutely a smell, in fact several smells that permeate different areas. I'm sure it's soggy carpet, but there's a definite whiff of poo about. Deck 5, where the steakhouse/sushi place and maybe the lounge (could be wrong, didn't attend anything in there), was particularly rancid.

Feel free to hit me up with questions about the ship.

We just got off Saturday (9/3) and I didn't notice a smell in the rooms. But I did notice a smell on the 5th floor, especially in front of the Java café area. It smelled almost like something was rotten, or dirty feet. It wasn't just once, I smelled it nearly every time I walked by there. Also, on the top deck by the kiddie pool area in the aft there was a rotten food smell.

Those were the only 2 places I smelled a foul odor.

Almost every ship I have been on has had a sewer smell (even the Vista)...not for a long period of time and not in many areas. If I was in a cabin in one of those areas I would have a problem, but I honestly believe it is a fleeting issue, at least I hope it is!!

I've also noticed whiffs of sewer on the ships. They come and go and are to be expected you are floating on a ship with a contained system. Thinking of how much ummm waste is moving through at any given time.

Lets face it poo happens and when you add in so much food and so many people lots of poo happens. When the system burps you know it. Rarely does it smell it for more than a few seconds and it's usually not there the next time you go through that area but those few seconds, wow lol

Edited by poobears