Guest lecturers?

NIX70

Is there a way of finding out in advance who the guest lecturers are going to be on my cruise? I'm on the Noordam in October sailing from Honolulu to Sydney and a first-timer on HAL. Other cruise lines I've used have listed their guest speakers for each cruise on their website, but I'm not seeing anything like that with HAL. Would ship services know, or am I missing something obvious (and yes, I've checked on the roll calls)? Many thanks!

On our full transit of the Panama Canal in 2015, the guest lecturer's wife posted on our roll call. He was fantastic. But that is how we knew that HAL was considering adding a guest lecturers on to the 16 day portion of the voyage.

Recommend you send an email to HAL under the Contact Us section of the website and ask. Would be interested to know if they provide you a list so please let us know what happens.

Here is a link that may help: http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

NIX70, Yes, please let us know if you contact HAL. I'm on the same cruise as you.

Utahtea

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got response from Sharon in Ship Services, who said that it is not HAL policy to publish details of lecturers in advance of sailing. Shame.

I got a similar answer - they just told me that they could not tell me who the lecturers would be and not that it was a HAL policy.

I am guessing that we may have 2 sets of people on our upcoming voyage. One set from Seattle to Sydney and then another set for when we circumnavigate Australia.

2 years ago on our Voyage from San Diego to Hawaii to the south pacific and back to San Diego we had an excellent team of 4 native Hawaiians that gave talks and demonstrations the entire cruise.

I finally got response from Sharon in Ship Services, who said that it is not HAL policy to publish details of lecturers in advance of sailing. Shame.

Thanks for letting getting the answer and letting us know :)

I can sort of understand HAL's policy. They don't disclose who the passengers are for privacy reasons so it makes sense they would do the same for the lecturers IMO.

If they did, any thief could call and target them while they are on board.