Embassy Suites 17th St FLL - Price increase???

Newcruiser2012

Nice to see the new build activity. That should give visitors more choice, and "hopefully" spur on some rate competition.

Probably not going to happen with the increase in demand.

I wrote on another thread about the conversation I had with our mayor just a couple of weeks ago on this subject and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood/Dania/LBTS/Deerfield are all posting record occupancy rates and ADRs.

Check out La Quinta, Hollywood. It looks like they have rooms available for under $200.00. We've stayed there several times. They have a free shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the port for a small fee. They also offer a free breakfast.

Good luck!

Is it walkable to the restaurants near by? Safe area at night? I have 10 rooms there in Feb but no car. TY for your advice....

Thanks Royalcruz for this info. I will be flying into to FL in Dec. 2016 for one night for cruise out of Miami. Which hotel or hotels would you suggest for solo female in the Dania/Hollywood area? I would like the free airport shuttle and breakfast and good place to eat close by within walking distance.

Also, looking at shuttles. Used SAS in past. Do you recommend them or someone else?

Thanks so much for your help.

I think La Quinta Hollywood, Hampton Inn Dania, and Hyatt Place Dania have shuttles and breakfast, and they are an easy walk to Oakwood Plaza eateries. I wouldn't walk it alone at night though.

Thanks for all the great input and suggestions. I checked out valuetrips.com and it shows a value rate at the Hyatt for $219.00/night for our time frame but it says "Reservations are temporarily unavailable, but will return as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience." so I can't check our exact dates right now but will keep trying and will definitely book if we can get that rate! If not I will contine looking at some of the other areas suggested. :D

We have stayed at the Hyatt a couple of times. (been a couple years ago) The valuetrips rate is a great deal. However, you have to be patient. Once the reservations are open, you do it by email, and sometimes it can take up to two weeks to get a response. So you have to play the wait and see game.

Do a search on valuetrips and read the many threads explaining the whole process. While it can be very unnerving to do. It is sometimes well worth the wait.

Another thing you may want to check it Hotwire "hotdeals" I have gotten to the point where I would rather take a chance on what hotel I get, as long as its within my star level. With a little research on areas and star ratings around FLL, you can normally narrow down the hotdeal to 2-3 hotels. If you are find with all of them, go for it and you can end up with a great deal.

We are sailing in November. Found a hotdeal back in April for $128 for a 4 star in the Port Everglades area. I watched the deal a couple days and double checked it with the other couples we are traveling with. Then I get a email from hotwire for $20 off any booking. So with all the taxes and extra charges I am still only paying $136 total for the Renaissance Hotel. I think I got a great hotel in a great area. Within walking distance of the water taxi and some hotels. May have to uber to get our wine, but even then, at $6-10, we still come out way ahead on other hotels at $200+ per night.

I did a little checking for you time frame, I did see a 4* for $261 a night. Might be worth checking into. I have also used priceline and bid. Just need to do some research and know what area and what hotels you can end up with. To me, its become a game. Love trying for a really great hotel and getting it at a really low price!!! Only once was I disappointed and it was not the hotel, but the location. A little further out than I wanted, but I knew that was a chance, and we had a rental car so it wasn't a big deal.

The deals are out there. Just need to work more to find them!!!

We have stayed at the Hyatt a couple of times. (been a couple years ago) The valuetrips rate is a great deal. However, you have to be patient. Once the reservations are open, you do it by email, and sometimes it can take up to two weeks to get a response. So you have to play the wait and see game.

Do a search on valuetrips and read the many threads explaining the whole process. While it can be very unnerving to do. It is sometimes well worth the wait.

Another thing you may want to check it Hotwire "hotdeals" I have gotten to the point where I would rather take a chance on what hotel I get, as long as its within my star level. With a little research on areas and star ratings around FLL, you can normally narrow down the hotdeal to 2-3 hotels. If you are find with all of them, go for it and you can end up with a great deal.

We are sailing in November. Found a hotdeal back in April for $128 for a 4 star in the Port Everglades area. I watched the deal a couple days and double checked it with the other couples we are traveling with. Then I get a email from hotwire for $20 off any booking. So with all the taxes and extra charges I am still only paying $136 total for the Renaissance Hotel. I think I got a great hotel in a great area. Within walking distance of the water taxi and some hotels. May have to uber to get our wine, but even then, at $6-10, we still come out way ahead on other hotels at $200+ per night.

I did a little checking for you time frame, I did see a 4* for $261 a night. Might be worth checking into. I have also used priceline and bid. Just need to do some research and know what area and what hotels you can end up with. To me, its become a game. Love trying for a really great hotel and getting it at a really low price!!! Only once was I disappointed and it was not the hotel, but the location. A little further out than I wanted, but I knew that was a chance, and we had a rental car so it wasn't a big deal.

The deals are out there. Just need to work more to find them!!!

Thanks so much for the tips and the heads up regarding Valuetrips! I was in fact able to book the Hyatt 17th St. Conv Ctr for the two nights prior to our cruise for $219/night. It only took 3 or 4 days to get the email confirmation. It's still a little more than I was planning on paying but overall I am very happy! Much better than $350+ night at ES ;)

Yes, thanks for the heads up on valuetrips. We actually got a rate of $149 for first weekend of December, which is actually a slow period. I love this area, have stayed in area quite often for work and it is close to second favorite Florida location - Publix. Guess where I'll be first thing morning of departure day,,,you know it, stocking up on my permitted bottles of wine.

Yes, thanks for the heads up on valuetrips. We actually got a rate of $149 for first weekend of December, which is actually a slow period. I love this area, have stayed in area quite often for work and it is close to second favorite Florida location - Publix. Guess where I'll be first thing morning of departure day,,,you know it, stocking up on my permitted bottles of wine.

Actually, it is not a slow time for us. Our peak starts about mid to late October. I'm already spotting more and more Bentleys and Rolls Royces on Las Olas.

I met with the Chamber the other day and Fort Lauderdale hotels are running an 82% year round occupancy rate which means we no longer have a down time.

Fort Lauderdale has a higher occupancy than any other location in Florida only behind Key West.

Rates are only going to go up.

Edited by BlueHerons

Actually, it is not a slow time for us. Our peak starts about mid to late October. I'm already spotting more and more Bentleys and Rolls Royces on Las Olas.

I met with the Chamber the other day and Fort Lauderdale hotels are running an 82% year round occupancy rate which means we no longer have a down time.

Fort Lauderdale has a higher occupancy than any other location in Florida only behind Key West.

Rates are only going to go up.

Thanks. In the future we be looking at the other Florida departure ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums