Holidays on board?

holidayathesea

So, tell me what goodies we will be in for on our cruise in December. We leave Dec. 17 and return on Christmas Eve....what will we encounter?

From Thanksgiving through New Years it's quite a celebration.

Here's the display they did in the atrium on the Caribbean Princes last year on Christmas Day. These things I think they do on the actual holiday itself. We've cruised on other holidays and seen a similar setup:

xmas_decorations_3.jpg

Here's how the atrium was decorated:

xmas_decorations_7.jpg

Here's the guest services desk

xmas_decorations_8.jpg

You might also find

• Very nice holiday decorations
  • Various religious services
  • Champagne flows freely for all when you board
  • Special Holiday Dinner with Commemorative take-home parchment menu (probably just on the actual holiday)
  • Santa for the kids, young or old
  • Christmas caroling with the ship's entertainers (way fun)
  • Cabin and balcony decorating by those passengers that want to
  • None of Aunt Noras lousy Green Bean and Mushroom Soup casserole that shoulda been hot and probably once was but now it got cold in the car on the way over

We even found something special in our cabin:

xmas_decorations_6.jpg

Chris, we are sailing the 12/24 of the CB and I noticed in your post about people decorating balconies? Is that common and what do they bring lights? We have the B748 & B749 so we are as at the back of the ship as possible. We've got bows for our doors but was wondering if we should bring anything extra?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to someone else doing the cookin & cleanin this year...and carolers to boot....

Thanks

Any idea if they will do anything festive? Will they put decorations up on Friday or wait until the next sailing on Saturday?

I have cruised a few times over Thanksgiving (with cruises ending on Saturday or Sunday) and they have waited on my cruises until the day we disembark to setup for Christmas. I have heard others who have been on 10 day Thanksgiving cruises that they do decorate while they are still on the ship for Christmas but these cruises ended the following week.

As far as Thanksgiving - you will have a nice Thanskgiving meal and there will probably be a display in the atrium to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Archived