Firing your PCC

eurolady

I just read recently about another CC member wanting to stop using her PCC....for a lot of reasons I won't go into....I would like to do the same. My question is.....who do you contact at HAL to take care of it?

I would call & ask to speak to the Manager or Supervisor of the Dept. if you don't want to speak to your PCC..You probably would have to explain the reason, but you are entitled to speak to anyone you want to..

I just read recently about another CC member wanting to stop using her PCC....for a lot of reasons I won't go into....I would like to do the same. My question is.....who do you contact at HAL to take care of it?

I have used a HAL pcc in the past, and quit using her. I just call the number on the HAL website, each representative I have used has been fine. When I have questions, I call the website number and always get someone that can answer for me. You don't have to fire your PCC, just don't call her or him.

Couldn't you just call the main HAL number and tell the res agent you have a PCC and want to change? I don't think anyone would care and it would probably be very simple to put you with someone else.

I have used a HAL pcc in the past' date=' and quit using her. I just call the number on the HAL website, each representative I have used has been fine. When I have questions, I call the website number and always get someone that can answer for me. You don't have to fire your PCC, just don't call her or him.[/quote']

Posted at the same time. I think you expressed it better than I did, :)

I hope my question won't distract from the OP's question, but it's a bit on the same subject, so I guess I will go ahead with my question .....

I've never used a PCC. What exactly does a GOOD PCC do for you that you can't just get by calling the cruise line and speaking with whatever representative answers the phone.

I just took my very first cruise on Holland, and I just always spoke to whoever answered when I called. I do believe they did assign me a PCC, though. But I don't even recall who it is or how I would go about contacting her if I wanted to.

Thanks for your replies.

I hope my question won't distract from the OP's question, but it's a bit on the same subject, so I guess I will go ahead with my question .....

I've never used a PCC. What exactly does a GOOD PCC do for you that you can't just get by calling the cruise line and speaking with whatever representative answers the phone.

I just took my very first cruise on Holland, and I just always spoke to whoever answered when I called. I do believe they did assign me a PCC, though. But I don't even recall who it is or how I would go about contacting her if I wanted to.

Thanks for your replies.

If you liked the person who booked your cruise, you can call, give your booking number and whomever answers can look up the PCC. Personally, I do better with an outside travel agent with added perks like extra OBC and usually better pricing.

I'm blessed with a great PCC. He's even helped me out with some codes to help out another CC poster who wasn't getting straight info from her TA. I use his wide-ranging knowledge of all things HAL to book and monitor pricing/promos, then transfer the booking to my TA for their perks. Like any other business, some are much better than others.

I do sometimes wonder who a PCC calls to "fire" a customer?

I cannot imagine why it would be difficult to switch to a new PCC or even why you would have to say why, even if asked.

Simply call in, speak with a supervisor or manager, and ask to be assigned to a new PCC if that is what you want. It is that easy. Why all the fuss over something as straightforward as this?

If you are still not happy then take your business to a TA.

Edited by iancal

One thing that calling a PCC, rather than whoever answers the phone, is continuity. The PCC (just as my own TA) already knows me, what I like, what's already gone on re: the booking. I don't have to rehash what's gone before, and the person I'm speaking with doesn't have to be brought up to speed.

One way to get rid of your PCC, is to start using a TA instead. A good TA will usually save you money as well. And like Ruth said, they get to know you after a while. My experience is that a good TA actually knows more about HAL ships than most HAL employees.

One thing that calling a PCC, rather than whoever answers the phone, is continuity. The PCC (just as my own TA) already knows me, what I like, what's already gone on re: the booking. I don't have to rehash what's gone before, and the person I'm speaking with doesn't have to be brought up to speed.

Quoting above from Ruth as it is truth.

Our PCC is a dream and I love her to death! Personal, professional, prompt and she has a KILLER European accent that has half of you all "she's related to Dracula" and the other half is "let her bite, she's a dream"! :D

Seriously, Ruth said it best and I do love my PCC. Unless there is a KILLER OBC deal somewhere, I typically book our "real" cruises (aka more than 10 days) via our PCC as they know me/us. Something short and not really "planned for" but "found", we'll just book anywhere/anyway.

Amen, Ruth. My PCC knows HAL inside and out. After the last 5 years, he knows us and what we're looking for in a cruise and our suite preferences. He also takes the time to analyze fares with and without promos that come along, so making decisions are easy. He and I work together to finalize plans before transferring the booking to our TA. I realized how good he was after dealing with Celebrity earlier this year on one of their Asian itineraries that HAL doesn't quite match.

My TA is also helpful, especially in her knowledge of international travel. The tangible benefit from our TA is the 9% of the cruise fare she rebates to us in OBC.

Edited by blizzardboy

It would be helpful to contact the supervisor and ask to and explain why you are changing PCC's. Then they can re-train the original PCC and prevent future occurrences of whatever your issues were.

Sometimes it's the customer, not the PCC. Unfortunately, they can't "re-train" bad customers.