Which accommodation in Miami

bluesub

Hi I was just seeking feedback from anyone whom has experienced these 2 places.

I have been looking at ratings etc and feedback for a while now and have a booking at the following 2 places. Both have their pros and cons but looking for if it was the choice to choose which one and maybe a little on why staying for 2 nights late November

1st place. Comfort suites Miami north ( next to airport) 2 nights $ 427.14 2 adults 2 kids

Pros. Has free shuttle from airport and to port. Breakfast included, free car parking (have car booked for 24 hours)

Cons. Read that area not the best not much out there noise from airport.

2nd place. River Park Hotel & Suites Port of Miami 2 nights $ 239.42

Pros. Location. Breakfast included, Cost,area better

Cons. No shuttle from airport. But have car. Car parking $25 taxi after dropping off car taxi to port

So if anybody has stayed here or can give an opinion on which one and why that would be helpful.

I can cancel either one with no penalty

Look fwd to responses

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am not familiar with the River Park - never heard it mentioned on this board? :confused: I would be suspicious of any Miami hotel that cheap near the port.

I would not stay at the Comfort Suites North unless I was arriving very late and cruising the next morning.

Staying with a car I would focus on hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near the airport - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others. Or bite the bullet and pay the parking fees to stay downtown - Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree, Hyatt and others often suggested on this board.

Are you parking at POM while cruising? :confused:

I am not familiar with the River Park - never heard it mentioned on this board? :confused: I would be suspicious of any Miami hotel that cheap near the port.

I would not stay at the Comfort Suites North unless I was arriving very late and cruising the next morning.

Staying with a car I would focus on hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near the airport - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others. Or bite the bullet and pay the parking fees to stay downtown - Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree, Hyatt and others often suggested on this board.

Hi

We are not parking at port hired car for 24 hours only coming in a day earlier as it was $3000 cheaper for return flights by changing 1 day the hotel is not normally that cheap it was on a 24 he sale on booking.com.

Thinking of not hiring a car with this accom and just doing the hop on off bus that day and walking around.

Edited by bluesub

We prefer South Beach. Lovely hotels down there. And I agree with JohninDC ---any hotel near the port that costs that low, I would be suspicious. I'm paying $229 per night at a lovely Art Deco hotel on Collins Ave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These 2 are the ones I have currently booked. It's just hard to get anything being so close to thanksgiving. ( didn't understand the importance of this holiday until trying to book stuff. I think we arrive on Black Friday which I had never heard of) I got the latest booking near the port on a 24 hrs sale

You don't need or want a car in downtown Miami or South Beach - traffic and parking are horrible.

If you choose an airport area hotel you can shuttle back to the MIA airport and from there catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for about $3 each. Some hotels in the Doral area west of the airport also offer airport shuttles.

In downtown often suggested hotels include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Marriott, and two Hilton properties (Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn), both located in the Mary Brickell area of downtown. Lots of Marriott options all around Miami.

Coconut Grove is another fun area of Miami, although you will be a $25-30 cab ride from the port and the hop-on/off busses.

I just booked at the InterContinental Downtown Miami for 11/26/16 - one night pre-cruise. Double/double Club level room for $188/night (this is a pay in advance price)! This room includes "Happy Hour" from 1800-2000 nightly and a warm (but limited) breakfast in the morning. It's within walking distance to shopping and very, very close to the port!

Parking here overnight is about $43.00/night. So if you don't need to rent a car, I wouldn't! I just stayed there two nights last week - one night with a car - and it was a great stay!! ;)

Hi I was just seeking feedback from anyone whom has experienced these 2 places.

I have been looking at ratings etc and feedback for a while now and have a booking at the following 2 places. Both have their pros and cons but looking for if it was the choice to choose which one and maybe a little on why staying for 2 nights late November

1st place. Comfort suites Miami north ( next to airport) 2 nights $ 427.14 2 adults 2 kids

Pros. Has free shuttle from airport and to port. Breakfast included, free car parking (have car booked for 24 hours)

Cons. Read that area not the best not much out there noise from airport.

2nd place. River Park Hotel & Suites Port of Miami 2 nights $ 239.42

Pros. Location. Breakfast included, Cost,area better

Cons. No shuttle from airport. But have car. Car parking $25 taxi after dropping off car taxi to port

So if anybody has stayed here or can give an opinion on which one and why that would be helpful.

I can cancel either one with no penalty

Look fwd to responses

I haven't stayed at either of these, so this is based just on the location. Stay at the River Park Hotel. You'll be in downtown Miami, with lots of options for restaurants and shopping. You're right by the Metro Mover, so you won't need a car to get around. Parking downtown is no fun.

You could take a cab from airport to hotel, and from hotel to port. Skip the rental car.

At the Comfort Suites, you'd need a car to go anywhere. It might be fine for an overnight, but I expect you'll want to have a bit of fun while you're here for 2 days.

Enjoy your trip!

I haven't stayed at either of these, so this is based just on the location. Stay at the River Park Hotel. You'll be in downtown Miami, with lots of options for restaurants and shopping. You're right by the Metro Mover, so you won't need a car to get around. Parking downtown is no fun.

You could take a cab from airport to hotel, and from hotel to port. Skip the rental car.

At the Comfort Suites, you'd need a car to go anywhere. It might be fine for an overnight, but I expect you'll want to have a bit of fun while you're here for 2 days.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks SandifromMiami

I think i will go that way, we were going with the car option to start with as we were thinking of a drive to the Keys.. Didnt know how far down as we have been to Key West and it looked like a bit of a hike. Plenty to do in Miami without driving.

Thanks again for your input

Thanks SandifromMiami

I think i will go that way, we were going with the car option to start with as we were thinking of a drive to the Keys.. Didnt know how far down as we have been to Key West and it looked like a bit of a hike. Plenty to do in Miami without driving.

Thanks again for your input

River Park is a total dump. I stayed there one night with a friend who had an overnight in Miami. Her travel agent in the UK who has no clue about the hotels in downtown Miami booked her there. Awful. Dirty carpets, dirty bathroom, elevator didn't work, breakfast was awful, etc.

Edited by brunello22

River Park is a total dump.

Edited by brunello22