Best ship for children

diesel1973

As we have only cruised with X and RCL we are unfamiliar with Carnival. We took our 3 grandchildren(4,5,6) on Disney cruise last spring and they loved it. Because Disney prices are crazy high we are looking for an alternative. Our TA suggested Carnival and at least a 7 day min. Carribean Itinerary really doesn't matter but what is available for the children is. Thanks for any help.

If you are looking for kids in the 4,5,6 age range any ship that has waterworks would be great for them. The newer ships have the sports square (magic, breeze & vista) this is the ropes course & more that gives even more activities. All the ships have mini golf. We have tried all the lines and my kids (who are teens now) still love carnival best. Out of their 20 cruises with CCL they had only 1 camp counselor they did not like. They hated and yes i mean refused to go back to NCL camp. Check out some of our videos below and you will see what kids can do on board a carnival ship

Edited by Manatee Mom

My daughter actually didn't like the Sunshine kids club. The room was VERY tiny and they had a lot of kids participating on the cruise we took. She did love the waterworks area.

When we went on the Glory they had much more space in the kids club but they didn't have waterworks.

I've heard great things about the Vista and Breeze. Hoping to book one of those next year.

We are heading out on the Inspiration in a few weeks! Hoping the space is bigger on that one.

My kids were 3 and 7 when we did the Carnival Dream. They were 4 and 8 when we did the Disney Fantasy with virtually the same itinerary. They have fun on all of our cruises but the Dream goes down as their favorite cruise (could have saved a lot of money by skipping that Disney Cruise). Hoping to top the Dream with the Vista next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app