Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

OK...so two days ago I had purchased premium beverage package for my husband and ultimate for myself. There was 20% off so Premium was $44 +grats and ultimate was $46 + grats. Since the FAQ indicates that the premium and the ultimate will be switched to the new delux beverage package, I called and cancelled my ultimate and had it change to the premium. Tell me I did good and won't get screwed!!

Diane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't quote me completely but I would say you just did yourself a favour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK...so two days ago I had purchased premium beverage package for my husband and ultimate for myself. There was 20% off so Premium was $44 +grats and ultimate was $46 + grats. Since the FAQ indicates that the premium and the ultimate will be switched to the new delux beverage package, I called and cancelled my ultimate and had it change to the premium. Tell me I did good and won't get screwed!!

Diane

Sounds like you've saved some money as would be upgraded back to deluxe [emoji3]

Is the 20% discounted already reflected in the displayed price?

This is what's showing for Harmony Nov'19 2016:

$36 Select BPSO

$47 Premium BPSO

$53 Ultimate BPSO

But after I add a package to my cart, it doesn't seem to apply any 20% off?

These prices for PP and UP are much higher than the ones I see for 3 cruises.... Enchantment, Serenade, and Allure....

Enchantment and Serenade 2016 $42 PP, $49 UP

Allure 2017 same PP but $46 UP

All these before 18%

Maybe because Harmony has a premium ?

Edited by troykahack

Diane

That is what I plan to do when I get home this afternoon.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Edited by Eggfrmr

These prices for PP and UP are much higher than the ones I see for 3 cruises.... Enchantment, Serenade, and Allure....

Enchantment and Serenade 2016 $42 PP, $49 UP

Allure 2017 same PP but $46 UP

All these before 18%

Maybe because Harmony has a premium ?

Yes, these prices are BEFORE the 18% add-on.

I think the Harmony has a higher price? Plus, it's the Thanksgiving sailing, I think Thanksgiving & Christmas sailings are usually higher price everything :/

Edited by GuavaTechAngels

Well I can still order online, see screenshot above. Just can't upgrade would have to pay full price less current 20% bonus.

I see that from your screen shot... but I know I can't in US and called RCCL and they told me nobody can... I didn't ask specifics about location... not sure it matters... but this was same thing on 4 future cruises...

Strange... I tried to add an addition package to one cruise and it gave me this.... all the way to the end....

This Item Is No Longer Available Online. Check Onboard As Availability May Change.

And it was in RED too... The page no longer states to call RCCL... but to check onboard???

Seems website online is in constant change

Edited by troykahack

Given the price of the deluxe I wonder will this end the practise of drink promos on UK cruises? Perhaps this is the move by RC to take the magaluf factor out of the Southampton itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think not- the new UK promotion from the 6th September includes a free deluxe package!!

I see that from your screen shot... but I know I can't in US and called RCCL and they told me nobody can... I didn't ask specifics about location... not sure it matters... but this was same thing on 4 future cruises...

Strange... I tried to add an addition package to one cruise and it gave me this.... all the way to the end....

This Item Is No Longer Available Online. Check Onboard As Availability May Change.

And it was in RED too... The page no longer states to call RCCL... but to check onboard???

If that is the case, I lucked in making the change when I did.

I just attempted the purchase a package for an upcoming cruise and had no problem. All of the usual drink package choices were available.

I just attempted the purchase a package for an upcoming cruise and had no problem. All of the usual drink package choices were available.

This is really odd.... at what prices... for either the PP or UP or something else... I was just trying the PP? Prices were the same for PP across the board but varied for UP either $46/$49 US before 18%, this was the 20% off promotion.... I listed the ships... and dates previously

This is really odd.... at what prices... for either the PP or UP or something else... I was just trying the PP? Prices were the same for PP across the board but varied for UP either $46/$49 US before 18%, this was the 20% off promotion.... I listed the ships... and dates previously

I just purchased PP for December on Indy. All packages available in planner, 33/44/49, 20% off included.

My cruise planner was also showing a 20% promotion. The alcohol packages were coming up at 48/46 ultimate and premium and the replenish package was 19.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Diane

You did good and you won't get screwed. [emoji51]

This so sucks! So instead of paying 166.38 for a 3 night cruise (or in my case$127 for Select) for a Premium pkg now we have to pay$194.70! For NOTHING!!!!! Could care less about fresh squeezed OJ or premium coffee. What a bunch of BS. thanks Royal for sticking it to us once again!!!!

This so sucks! So instead of paying 166.38 for a 3 night cruise (or in my case$127 for Select) for a Premium pkg now we have to pay$194.70! For NOTHING!!!!! Could care less about fresh squeezed OJ or premium coffee. What a bunch of BS. thanks Royal for sticking it to us once again!!!!

If you can, ring up and buy the select package before the date mentioned, they will honour it!

Same as other CC's are posting...

RCCL is no longer taking drink packages online for the current drink packages.

They are able to take orders over the phone for PP at current costs.

Starting Tues, 9/6, new plan kicks in....

The PP packages I have already booked will be upgraded to the new Deluxe when we board.

I asked this question several times... there is no package just for beer and wine, just the deluxe which covers all.... I wonder if this is there first response to those that share drink packages and think it is a good idea?

The list published is they types on drinks/mixes/spirits/beer/wine covered under these packages. The agent was not sure about up charges for certain high end wines/spirits/beers.

Not true, I just went on my cruises and bought my Select Pkg just now for our Nov Brilliance since I know it is going away in 2 days

Diane

I know others are saying you did good by changing, but I only see that you gave RCCL money you didn't have too. You weren't previously getting ultimate and now spent more money for a package you didn't want. Yes the current ultimate is a better deal then the new Delux, but you spent more for something you previously didn't think you wanted, which was the ultimate. I would have stayed with premium, cheaper and will be fully honored on your cruise.

That's how I see the change.

Scott

I know others are saying you did good by changing, but I only see that you gave RCCL money you didn't have too. You weren't previously getting ultimate and now spent more money for a package you didn't want. Yes the current ultimate is a better deal then the new Delux, but you spent more for something you previously didn't think you wanted, which was the ultimate. I would have stayed with premium, cheaper and will be fully honored on your cruise.

That's how I see the change.

Scott

I see it as they Dropped from ultimate to Premium saving a few dollars a day and by cruise time the Premiums will be upgraded to Deluxe free of charge .. So saves money. Only Select is being honoured, premium is being upgraded to Deluxe

I see it as they Dropped from ultimate to Premium saving a few dollars a day and by cruise time the Premiums will be upgraded to Deluxe free of charge .. So saves money. Only Select is being honoured, premium is being upgraded to Deluxe

I read it the same way.

Cancled ultimate, bought premium at the still discounted rate.

Edited by chandom