Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

Bit the bullet and bought premium drink packages at 20% off for DH and my's Thanksgiving cruise. We didn't want to gamble that the beer & wine package would still be in place and miss out on cocktails.

We planned to book at least the premium packages before the cruise, so I'm glad I saw this thread. I figured buying these today would at least save us around $10/day/pp :D

Edited by VASOXFANN

Ouch wouldnt be doing that......I have kind of assumed the booking rate tomorrow would be the same as we booked at given its the BOGOHO offer we booked under, but of course we will check tomorrow. It could well be that with the new drink package they do actually put the price up...Will watch that space :)

Still not sure how Royal know who has what free drinks package, or how they will mark sea pass cards differently, when our invoice says All Inclusive drinks and nothing else.

We booked our next TA while on this years and also took advantage of BOGOHP offer. It does say All Inc on our invoice too but a bit further down also says Select Bev and they've charged this then deducted on next line. When we said at the time we wanted premium, they said they couldn't book this as the packages were changing and there was no choice at that time.

I phoned today to ask if we cd now upgrade and was told I could only do this on board. When I mentioned the 20% offer the US passengers are talking about I was told this wasn't available to UK customers. I left a post call review and didn't miss! Not sure what else we can do unless anyone has any suggestions....?

Does anyone know if the fountain soda will still be included in the new Deluxe package?

The deluxe package says it covers all non-alcoholic beverages so as with the old premium package fountain soda should be included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have booked the premium which I understand included gratuity ,with the new deluxe package will I have to pay 18 % gratuity on every drink I get from the bar

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you'll pay 18% on top of the purchase price at the time you purchase the package. Adding an additional tip at the time you order a drink would be entirely voluntary.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

No, you'll pay 18% on top of the purchase price at the time you purchase the package. Adding an additional tip at the time you order a drink would be entirely voluntary.

Dan.

As they don't print receipts to sign when on a package you don't get that additional tip line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As they don't print receipts to sign when on a package you don't get that additional tip line.

This varies wildly by ship, and even by bar, in my experience.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

I am on Freedom now and in every bar I have been in they always scan the card and print a zero balance receipt with the ultimate package.

They could save a small fortune paper and printing couldn't they rather than raising package prices. Might just be on the new ships as Indy I got printed receipts but that was a cpl years ago..

This varies wildly by ship, and even by bar, in my experience.

Dan.

Yes, definitely even bar-by-bar. Last year on FOS sometimes we signed, sometimes we didn't. Even at the Promenade Cafe while getting a bottled water, sometimes we had to sign a slip. Couldn't figure it out.

(I did a Celebrity cruise in March with a package and not once did we sign.)

Yes, definitely even bar-by-bar. Last year on FOS sometimes we signed, sometimes we didn't. Even at the Promenade Cafe while getting a bottled water, sometimes we had to sign a slip. Couldn't figure it out.

(I did a Celebrity cruise in March with a package and not once did we sign.)

Perhaps it makes me an unpleasant guest....but I just give them a dollar in cash, and refuse to sign zero balance receipts.

IMO it is ridiculous to have a drink package that you are expected to sign for. There is no point. The card has already been swiped through the terminal and the $0.0 purchase has been recorded.

I don't know where edgekid posted.

I think we were probably fortunate to receive any notice of the package change at all before September 6. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic! :)

I agree with you, the company normally tries to keep this stuff secret until it's in effect.

Hard to read, but it looks like no beer/wine package.

It does look like no beer, wine package. I wonder why they eliminated it. There are only 4 packages.

My husband bought the beer/wine package for our March cruise on the Navigator.

So they are eliminating plans ? SO if you purchase Premium now ( today ) will you be upgraded to Ultimate ??

According to the FAQ, you'll be upgraded to the new Deluxe plan which is essentially the current Ultimate plan.

Dan.

Last week I paid for the replenish package which specifically included gratuities.

The FAQ states that the replenish package will automatically convert to the refreshment package.

The refreshment package specifically excludes gratuities.

Am I correct to assume that the terms I purchased the package under will be honored and gratuities will not be added when I order drinks/water/coffees on board despite the 'automatic' language of the refresh package?

Upthread someone posted the replenish/refresh package was up 35-37% but if you add 18% for gratuities which were previously included aren't you really up more like 53-55%?

Edited by sndral