Signatures & Prime 7 - How Often?

ctemkg

If the 5 weeks is only considered one voyage (as opposed to one or more B2Bs) you can only make one reservation per restaurant in advance of sailing. But you can always do a walk-up on any given night to see if they can accommodate you that evening. We have done this numerous times - you just need to be flexible in terms of your seating time and table size for these extra reservations.

Depends how many segments make up your 5 week cruise

You can make one reservation in each speciality restaurant per segment

i.e. if your 5 week cruise is made up of a 3 week cruise plus a 2 week cruise, that could have been booked separately, you will be able to make a total of 4 reservations in advance (2 in each of P7 & Sign)

You will be able to make further reservations after you board, subject to availability - this is not normally a problem on longer voyages

Depend on how busy/full the ship is. And how flexible you are on your dining times. Often they are less busy on Captains nights, welcome or farewell, as many like the CR menu.

Being on for 5 weeks, after the second week or so I think you will find that times will magically open up for you if you let them know you might be available anytime and at short notice. You might not get a window table and get seated in a weird corner, but you will probably get in more than you might think.

j

Interesting - three different responses :)

We are taking our first Regent cruise(s) on Explorer next March - 21 nights, which is made up of two shorter cruises marketed as one.

I will be most upset if, on 4th December, I am only permitted one booking per restaurant. Seems very unfair to me and something that would deter me from booking a long cruise with Regent again.

Is may be even more unfair for the OP - one booking for a 5 week cruise - cannot be fair !

Over the my TA I guess.

We are taking our first Regent cruise(s) on Explorer next March - 21 nights, which is made up of two shorter cruises marketed as one.

I will be most upset if, on 4th December, I am only permitted one booking per restaurant. Seems very unfair to me and something that would deter me from booking a long cruise with Regent again.

Is may be even more unfair for the OP - one booking for a 5 week cruise - cannot be fair !

Over the my TA I guess.

Don't worry. You will be able to book one online reservation in each specialty restaurant for each segment of your cruise for a total of six online reservations. What you will not be able to do online is to book the same restaurant twice in one of your two cruise segments. Of course, once you're on the ship, you may be able to book additional specialty restaurant reservations.

Hope this isn't clear as mud. :D

...........but all are correct

Regent's answer to the relevant FAQ gives a further twist, introducing 'Grand Voyages':

https://www.rssc.com/frequently-asked-questions/before-you-sail/

I quote:

"Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in Prime 7 on voyages aboard all ships, one dinner reservation in Signatures on voyages aboard Seven Seas Mariner and Seven Seas Voyager, and one dinner reservation in Chartreuse and Pacific Rim on Seven Seas Explorer. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations"

We are booked on a six week cruise (made up of two 3-week segments); it is not designated as a 'Grand Voyage' but we have been able to pre-book a reservation in each speciality restaurant for each segment; hence my previous response (post 3 above)

When we are on-board we will probably look for a couple more reservations in Signatures (depending on when the menu changes). This should not be difficult on our 3 week segments, but would be a challenge on a 7 or 10 day segment.

If you are unsure best to check with your TA and/or Regent

Edited by flossie009

Regent's answer to the relevant FAQ gives a further twist .......

We are booked on a six week cruise (made up of two 3-week segments .......

Thank you flossie009 – and indeed to DaveFr – for your considered responses.

I can of course (and will) consult with my TA/Regent, but for the avoidance of any doubt on here …

You state that the ‘rules’, as per Regent’s website FAQ shows :-

>>Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment.<<

In other words, whether you are on a 5 week cruise (the OP), a 21 night cruise (me), or a 6 week cruise (Flossie), the rules you refer to state that none of us are entitled to anything more than 1 advance online reservation per restaurant. (All of us are on ‘multi segment’ cruises but none of us are on a Grand Voyage).

However - you then say on your second post – as you have also done on your first post – that it is possible to book additional restaurant reservations on a multi segment cruise, even if it isn’t a Grand Voyage.

So if I understand this correctly, you are saying that the ‘rules’ in the Regent FAQ are not being applied, at least as far as your own experiences are concerned ?

I – and the OP I’m sure – do hope you are correct !

Thank you flossie009 – and indeed to DaveFr – for your considered responses.

I can of course (and will) consult with my TA/Regent, but for the avoidance of any doubt on here …

>>Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment.<<

In other words, whether you are on a 5 week cruise (the OP), a 21 night cruise (me), or a 6 week cruise (Flossie), the rules you refer to state that none of us are entitled to anything more than 1 advance online reservation per restaurant. (All of us are on ‘multi segment’ cruises but none of us are on a Grand Voyage).

However - you then say on your second post – as you have also done on your first post – that it is possible to book additional restaurant reservations on a multi segment cruise, even if it isn’t a Grand Voyage.

So if I understand this correctly, you are saying that the ‘rules’ in the Regent FAQ are not being applied, at least as far as your own experiences are concerned ?

We are on two 10 day cruises this month on Mariner. They considered it one cruise for us even though the website clearly shows two different dates of 10 each. We were able to book two reservations in Prime 7 and two reservations in Signatures.

Let me try to further confuse you by adding some notes to your post:

Grand Voyages used to be 'defined' as 35 nights or more; then the criteria became less well defined; then they were phased out; now there are three Grand Voyages being offered, all 60 nights or more

So the FAQ reference to Grand Voyages isn't particularly helpful

machotspur, you and I are on multi-segment cruises; I don't know whether the OP's 5 week cruise is multi-segment or not

Two days ago I pre-booked, and received confirmation, for 2 reservations in each speciality restaurant for our 6 week cruise (one per restaurant per segment)

I had to finalise the reservations by telephone; the website was offering me 2 reservations in each but when I tried to book the second it knocked out the first :mad:...........but as I said all now pre-booked and confirmed :)

I do not know whether you or the OP will be able to pre-book multiple reservations for your respective cruises, but hope that you will

What I am saying is that Regent's answer to this FAQ is not particularly helpful.......................but there is another thread running about the deficiencies in Regent's website and comms in general :rolleyes:

I can only claim to be correct about my own past experiences, but hope it may help in your future planning :)

Let me try to further confuse you by adding some notes to your post:

Thank you again flossie for your detailed answers.(and thank you also Marycruz for sharing your experience).

I think we will wait until the 4th December online date to see what happens !

OP here. Our cruise will be 5 weeks on Mariner which is 2 segments back to back. So I assume I can book 2 specialties for the first segment and 2 for the second.

That sounds right, however, there should be opportunities for additional visits to these dining venues (if you decide you even want it). Don't forget that items from both P7 and Signatures are available in CR every day!