Question About Online Booking

robtx100

I booked through an online agency for the first time. My final payment is due November 4th. I called yesterday to make final payment and was told the two cabins will automatically bill to my credit card on the 4th. When using TA or cruise line directly, I've always called before the due date and made final payment. Also, one of the cabins decreased in price. Has anyone else had their final payment bill automatically on last day when using online agencies? Also, will I get the lower price on the one cabin? This is for the Grand Jan. 28, 2006 sailing.

I also used an online TA for our Grand cruise this New Years Eve. After initial deposit, I was given email that stated prices, etc., which I was happy wit as I had already researched and shopped around, along with date final payment was due. I just marked on my calendar 1 week before that, emailed TA with current credit card info, that was that. I will say that during the 10 months between deposit and final payment, I called and emailed TA several times with questions, when I saw what I thought were price drops, and TA was very responsive. Final payment was actually LOWER than original quotes, I asked why, TA said there was a Princess promotion going on, TA applied lower price! I have used brick and mortar TA, big box store TA, this is first online, and so far so good. I have not cruised yet, so final verdict is still out, but my expectation is that it will be wonderful.

Hope it works well for you, and you enjoy your cruise.

We use cruises-n-more.com and have had our payments automatically applied to our credit cards with no problem.

Just as someone said, you'll want to email or call them and point out the price drop, just to be sure.

We'll be booking the Grand for 2/11/06 on Monday...would love to hear about your trip when you come back!

Thanks for the replies. So, I guess the final payment will be applied to credit card on the 4th of November. I just didn't want to lose the booking because final payment was not made. As for the price drop, not really all that concerned as we will probably upgrade to a balcony closer to sail date. I will be sure to tell you all about the trip and ship when we return. Can't wait.

This close to final payment, I recommend you contact (call or email) the TA to ensure they still have your credit card info, and confirm that they are making payment for you. You know the rule, never "assume" - you know what happens then! ;)

This close to final payment, I recommend you contact (call or email) the TA to ensure they still have your credit card info, and confirm that they are making payment for you. You know the rule, never "assume" - you know what happens then! ;)

I also use a online TA and when the date of my final payment nears I call her or e-mail to gently remind them of the final payment date. I agree do not assume anything.

marilyn

Archived