Miracle Dec 31/16 sailing from Long Beach

Abbabug

This is the 7 night cruise that goes to PV, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.

Has anyone taken this or a similar route in December?

We are new to cruising. Have only been on the Oasis once. Need calm waters for sailing. Have heard that the water could be choppy on the return. Is this true? Can anyone share insights or experience?

Thank you!

Yes, it can be choppy sailing northbound. You'll be sailing against the current that cycles down from Alaska. So what's happening up the coast effects the seas. At times we'll get a Pineapple Express flowing up from HI.

Don't not deny us our weather. We're in the 4th or 5th year of severe drought.

The lower and more center your cabin is, the better it is for motion sickness.

FWIW we can almost always pick out Caribbean cruisers on the West Coast. ;)

Make sure you've signed up for your staggered check in time.

Edited by SadieN

I've done this route but always in October. It had ashtrays been a smooth ride. The last sea day can be a choppy and has always been windy.

If there is any type of storm it's going to be rough. I've done the 4 day Baja in January and it was a ride on the Imagination.

No one can guarantee smooth seas as nature will do as it pleases.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You are on the Pacific Ocean.

No one can tell you whether the sea will be calm or choppy. It changes all the time.

The lower down and more central you are on the ship the less movement there is.

We take anti seasick meds every day just in case.

Make sure you bring something for motion sickness! I really felt it on the imagination on our way back and had to lie down until the meds kicked in. The miracle is a bigger ship though, so it should be smoother for you I hope! Happy sailing! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Miracle is a much smaller older ship than Oasis. We did this route 2x in August on a different ship and the weather caused us to reroute both times. Once we couldn't tender off cabo. A different port was affected the first year. Despite all that it was still fun. About a month after we missed it when it lost power in the ocean and it took 3 days to pull them back w tugs.

This is the 7 night cruise that goes to PV, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas.

Has anyone taken this or a similar route in December?

We are new to cruising. Have only been on the Oasis once. Need calm waters for sailing. Have heard that the water could be choppy on the return. Is this true? Can anyone share insights or experience?

Thank you!

How can anyone tell what the weather will be 12/16.

The Miracle is a much smaller older ship than Oasis. We did this route 2x in August on a different ship and the weather caused us to reroute both times. Once we couldn't tender off cabo. A different port was affected the first year. Despite all that it was still fun. About a month after we missed it when it lost power in the ocean and it took 3 days to pull them back w tugs.

We've never been rerouted. Must have taken variations of this itin over 10 times. It's rare for ships that be rerouted on the West Ciast. Though the Miracle is bring rerouted right now.

Edited by SadieN