Back from Majesty 7/29 - 9/2

EBFURR

Love your review!! My daughter and I are on Majesty Nov 11th for a little weekend getaway.

She is 18 and can legally have a "fru fru" drink in Nassau so I am planning to take her by Senor'Frogs for a frozen drink! It always looks like they are having fun there! I know it is super touristy, but there is no better place for her first drink with me...LOL

We too thought about checking out the Tiki Bikini hut after our snorkel trip since our meeting place is close by at the Hilton.

Sounds like a fun place to check out , but I do not want the unlimited drink special either! I have to make it back to the ship...

Looking forward to some relax time and I really love Coco Cay! It has been a while since I have been there....

Thanks for the review.

Edited by BABYJOSIE98

We returned Friday from our latest cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas. First of all, we had a great time as always and thought we would share our observations both good and not so good. We are Diamond level with 106 nights on RCI and this was our 5th cruise on MJ. We have not cruised at all since 2011 and have not been on MJ since 2008 so things have changed a bit.

Thanks for taking the time, and it was timely for me. We have a lot in common, I soon will be making a last minute cruise, return to Majesty. This time we are driving there, so I'll wave as we get near Charolette.

Okay, not sure how many are still following but we will press on with Day 2.

I can't say I am still here as I joined late, but it was the perfect review at the perfect time. I look forward to returning the favor for others some late October.

Thanks.

Still here! I can't wait to hear about SF in Nassau. We like Junkanoo too.

I'll keep Junkanoo in mind, I think this is my 7th time to Nassau, and I am looking for something new to do, this might fit the bill. Or the Bill ;)

Quick question. As you seem to be more of WJ visitor, i don't know if you'll have noticed, but by any chance was MDR open for lunch any of the weekend days? I suspect not as I know they don't usually open on port days.

Thanx

Erika

We were on MJ for 7 days this past June and the MDR was only open for lunch on the sea day of the 4-day itinerary. That was a Thursday.

We were on MJ for 7 days this past June and the MDR was only open for lunch on the sea day of the 4-day itinerary. That was a Thursday.

Thanks Bob, I really had no idea since we never checked. We probably should though. I think we may try MDR breakfast next time. We have not done that in years.

Nassau continued: A couple of things about Junkanoo before we move on. I have read some things about broken glass on the beach, filthy, etc. We saw none of this, but cannot say it has never happened. The beach is not real wide or long and is on an inlet so there are no big waves. We did see some seaweed in the water, but nothing you can do about that and it did not seem to deter the swimmers. We stepped in a few times to cool off but did not go in very far. I walked up & down the beach a bit and although there were a lot of people it did not seem overcrowded. There are many little huts and bars along the beach and some guys that rent water toys & things. We pretty much stayed at Tiki Bikini, but there are other options as well including just throwing you stuff down and chilling. Afterwe decided what we wanted to do at Tiki they sent us with a guy who set us up under an umbrella. He took our receipt and said he would be our "waiter" for the day. He did bring us drinks (beer for me and water for the Ms.) until our pre-paids ran out. The beer is the local Sands beer and it was pretty good to my taste. The 'shots' are not straight shots, but are those mixed concoctions like you get at senior frogs or margaritaville. Not very strong, but tasty. I asked about using a debit card and he said that they would get us anything we wanted , run a tab, and then walk with us back to the ATM at the dock to settle up. We ordered another round and paid with cash and said we would do that until we used up our cash. He said he would be back by but we never saw him again. When we decided to leave I looked for him to tip him with my remaining reserves but he was not to be found. I left some in the tip jar and off we went.

It was a short hop to Senior Frogs and the place was hopping (frog, get it?). As we walked in we saw our guys, the 3 amigos. They said that they had also been at the beach but we never saw them there. They were at a different spot. They were having some of those margaritas in the tall souvenir cups and some lunch. We invited them to come over to the bar and have a round with us, but they were headed back. I think they had a late night and were in recovery mode. When we sat down at the bar, the bartender announced to everyone that I was his old college drinking buddy. I confirmed that we had some wild times at good old "Wassamatta U". This guy was crazy and really off the wall. He kept us all entertained and really was a hoot. Back inside the DJ was pumping and we could see people dancing, starting up line dances, playing games, and generally doing what you do there. One girl got up to dance on the bar but they made her get down when she got to close to the cash register. This place reminds me a lot of the Jimmy Buffets in Ocho Rios which we miss. We ordered some food and it was pretty darn good. It was some sort of appetizer that the people next to use had ordered and looked good. I do not remember what it was though. After a while we strolled back down the street to the port and re-boarded the ship. It was all very painless with my wife's passport and my new passport card that I got at the last minute after realizing the my PP had expired. There were several other places we passed along the way that looked like fun, so we have our agenda set up for next visit.

I have to close, but will be back to continue later....

Thanks Bob, I really had no idea since we never checked. We probably should though. I think we may try MDR breakfast next time. We have not done that in years.

FYI - MDR is open ever morning for breakfast. It's only open on Sea days for lunch. I love their Tutti salad. It's basically a salad bar, but they make and chop it for you and has way more and better ingredients that the WJ salad bar.

Erika

Love your review. We were on MJ one weekend in August and really enjoyed the bartenders. Like you, we are diamond and had six drinks per night on our cards. They would literally let us order anything and were not sticklers regarding the hours. Very surprising and refreshing.