help me make the most of my select package

fragilek

ok as we now know the drinks packages change on the 6th as a result I now not be able to upgrade my select package (as always different answers from rcl)

I donot drink beer (celiac) and like decent wine. I know I will have to pay more for that wine. I am after the following info

Do I just pay above the $8 for wine

Is soda water and tonic included in the sodas of the select

How much is a shot of rum, gin or tequila to add to my included nonalacholic cocktails

Can we start a list of any other drinks included for exampile if any off Barcardi breezers, smirnoff ice, hard lemonade, ciders, twists etc

Thanks and this may help others who are going to be stuck in the same boat as me

Edited by fragilek

Barcardi breezers, smirnoff ice, hard lemonade, ciders, twists etc

Those are included in the select package. You can also get mimosas with champagne and orange juice.

I don't drink wine.

Edited by Coralc

Following.

Travelling on Brilliance next month with in laws, all with included select package. MIL has a sweet tooth so beer is out, but likes anything sugary sweet like alco pops. I assume she could ask for red wine with sprite to make a passable tinto verano. Anyone know if vermouth is classed as a wine (is in UK) as vermouth sprite mix is another possibility.

ps Estrella GF is listed in the beer selection on the new bev package list posted elsewere.

cheers

Mark & Heather

Who told you you couldn't upgrade?

through twitter but answer not clear, not sure if they meant just not to the premium package. My daughter tweeted for me and will ask her to seek clarification. This is very unfair for guests who at the time of booking got the free select and were told (even on their website until today) that they could upgrade on board for $10-15. It would have been less to book without the free select and then add on premium now. False advertising!!!

through twitter but answer not clear, not sure if they meant just not to the premium package. My daughter tweeted for me and will ask her to seek clarification. This is very unfair for guests who at the time of booking got the free select and were told (even on their website until today) that they could upgrade on board for $10-15. It would have been less to book without the free select and then add on premium now. False advertising!!!

We are sailing on Grandeur OTS 15th September 2016, we also have the select package. We called RC and were told we could upgrade to the new package once on board.

:)

I'm sure they will allow an upgrade to the new Deluxe package. They never want to turn down money for an upsell.

However as you say it's the price differential that is the issue. The upgrade to the Deluxe package is $7.90 per day more than the upgrade to the Premium package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Several hours on the phone and conflicting answers finally determined that we can upgrade our promotional select to the new deluxe. She documented it in the reservation and my TA and myself both had her read what she wrote. We'll have to do it at guest services though. Still a lot more money than what we had planned to upgrade to the premium which isn't right but whatever. That's why there are a lot of cruiselines to choose from.