Freedom of the Seas Family Ocean View???

teacherman

We are considering one of these rooms for a Trans Atlantic. There are only 2 of us and it looks like we will have a lot of room. The price is less than a balcony.They are located at the front of the ship, I believe on decks 6 and 7/8. Have any of you stayed in one of these rooms? Would you recommend it or not? Any information/advice is welcome. Thank you.

We have stayed in one before and it is very roomy. However the trade off is the front location does not have a balcony, but two large round windows instead. My preference would be deck 7 or 8 as it provides a nice unobstructed view forward. RCI will typically not book that stateroom for less than four passengers as it holds up to six. If it is available for two and at a reduced rate as you indicate, then it would be a very good value as it is quite a bit larger than a standard balcony stateroom. Perhaps it is available as it is a transatlantic sailing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have stayed in one before and it is very roomy. However the trade off is the front location does not have a balcony, but two large round windows instead. My preference would be deck 7 or 8 as it provides a nice unobstructed view forward. RCI will typically not book that stateroom for less than four passengers as it holds up to six. If it is available for two and at a reduced rate as you indicate, then it would be a very good value as it is quite a bit larger than a standard balcony stateroom. Perhaps it is available as it is a transatlantic sailing.

We were able to book room 7200 FOV on Liberty of the Seas for 3 people about 2 months out from sailing. We now have 4 in our party and I tried to change to 2 interior rooms, but we are after last payment and not able to do that. ( we just thought it would be better for us to have 2 bathrooms for 4 )

I am excited to see how much space we would have in this room. It indicates 2 times the size of an interior room! We will see! :confused:;):cool:

We were able to book room 7200 FOV on Liberty of the Seas for 3 people about 2 months out from sailing. We now have 4 in our party and I tried to change to 2 interior rooms, but we are after last payment and not able to do that. ( we just thought it would be better for us to have 2 bathrooms for 4 )

I am excited to see how much space we would have in this room. It indicates 2 times the size of an interior room! We will see! :confused:;):cool:

It's very spacious comparatively - 293 sq. ft. v 150 sq. ft. for an interior. There is a living area next to the beds in the main space, and a separate bunk room with two bunk beds in it. The couch in the living area folds out to a bed as well. Two large circular windows - one over the couch and the other over the bed. Good storage, but only the one bathroom. We liked them the times we've had them.