Deal on excursions

JennaS90

Purchased excursions ahead of time but now they're about $50 cheaper as part of a 20% off promo. We are a couple going on two different Celeb excursions.

Can we cancel and rebook?

What's the policy on this?

TA won't give us OBC to make up the difference (it was worth a shot :))

Thanks in advance for your help fellow cruisers!

Before you book, try to make sure you're actually getting 20 % off the cost of your excursion. I had looked at a shore ex. about 3 wks ago, had noted the price, and when I saw that it was now 20% off, I was prepared to book, until I saw the Price was the same as 3 wks ago. I called X, spoke to a rep, who had to call resolutions, long story short, not all shore ex's to which the 20% off applies, have actually been reduced yet on the website. I was told to wait until Sept. 8th or so and then check again to see if IT had finished its job of repricing the affected excursions. So, if you've already booked, you may not be getting the bargain you had hoped for. Check the prices in a few days and see if they're still the same as what you paid. If they're lower, cancel and rebook.

Can someone let me know the details of this deal? How did you find out? Does it only apply to certain sailings, dates or destinations? Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you log into your cruise planner a pop up should appear advising of the 20% off deal. However once you start looking at the excursions there is nothing to tell you if the price shown is a discounted price or not (since not all excursions are discounted). We knew one we were looking at was discounted as we could remember the previous price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your replies!

Unfortunately (or fortunately!!) I cruise on Friday so three days to go, take it I can't cancel and rebook now?

It says on their website cancel up to 24 hours before with no penalty but I'm struggling to find their exact policy, if anyone has a link or any info please let me know. Thanks

When you log into your cruise planner a pop up should appear advising of the 20% off deal. However once you start looking at the excursions there is nothing to tell you if the price shown is a discounted price or not (since not all excursions are discounted). We knew one we were looking at was discounted as we could remember the previous price.

Thanks! We cruise Oct 2 and our prices are showing the same as well. I will check later in the week, as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

We are also on the 10/2 cruise to New England/Canada. Have previously booked two excursions with Celebrity. So I thought I would take a look.

The pop-up says this:

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY

SAVE 20% OFF MOST EUROPE TOURS

So that leaves us out. I did go ahead and check the pricing against what we have paid and it remains the same. ;)

We cruise from Southampton in April and the popup appears once I'm in my cruise planner, but I see no discounts at any of our stops. I did some exploring for other European locations and only see some that say 10% discount. Has anyone had success or seen the 20% discount? None of the excursions on our cruise appear to be discounted, or at least the ones we've looked in to. I'm thinking this may be another website issue, as it is always having something going on.

We cruise from Southampton in April and the popup appears once I'm in my cruise planner, but I see no discounts at any of our stops. I did some exploring for other European locations and only see some that say 10% discount. Has anyone had success or seen the 20% discount? None of the excursions on our cruise appear to be discounted, or at least the ones we've looked in to. I'm thinking this may be another website issue, as it is always having something going on.

I didnt see any mention of discounts once you go beyond the popup and look at the actual excursions however I knew the one I had been looking at had come down by 20% as I could remember the previous price. Unless you know what the pre offer price was its impossible to know if a specific excursion has been discounted. It would be much more helpful if they could show if the price shown is discounted.

I agree this whole thing is confusing. The 20% off applies only to certain European cruise shore ex's and is time limited. Hopefully, the "time" doesn't run out before they get the website working properly. I went to the X website again this morning to see if the "new " 20% off price for a shore ex. I've been monitoring is showing yet. The first time I was looking at my cruise shore ex's, I didn't see a 20% off icon, so I started all over again. The 2nd time, the 20% icon showed beside the "regular " price, so, no, not fixed yet! I do have confirmation from an X rep that my shore ex. is 1 of the ones on the 20% off list, tho', for what that's worth! So, I'm waiting and checking the website to see if IT gets all the issues fixed. I'll let you know if it happens!

I agree this whole thing is confusing. The 20% off applies only to certain European cruise shore ex's and is time limited. Hopefully, the "time" doesn't run out before they get the website working properly. I went to the X website again this morning to see if the "new " 20% off price for a shore ex. I've been monitoring is showing yet. The first time I was looking at my cruise shore ex's, I didn't see a 20% off icon, so I started all over again. The 2nd time, the 20% icon showed beside the "regular " price, so, no, not fixed yet! I do have confirmation from an X rep that my shore ex. is 1 of the ones on the 20% off list, tho', for what that's worth! So, I'm waiting and checking the website to see if IT gets all the issues fixed. I'll let you know if it happens!

Surely X cannot have IT website issues??!

If you cancel less than 4 days before the cruise, the excursion will be refunded to your on-board account as refundable OBC. I would be a little cautious about the 20% off offer....make sure there's no tax...and look carefully at the tours offered. They are either tours where they can get another bus and handle hundreds or they are tours that aren't selling. Do you want to be on either of these types of tours?

Celebrity isn't just giving 20% away....remember this is the company that raised prices and then offered a "special" price that meant the cabin cost exactly the same during the "special deal".

I prebooked 10 excursions over the summer for our Oct. 16 cruise on Millie and I printed out my order history which shows the price we paid for each of them. I checked that price against what Celebrity is showing now and none of the excursions we booked are cheaper now, matter of fact I found one that was 75 cents more than what we paid. :rolleyes: So don't be too worried if you can't determine if this is a good deal, it most likely isn't!

See my history with this topic above. Latest, I called Captain's Club as they can sometimes resolve issues. So, the shore ex. I was wanting and which indicated it was one of the 20% off excursions, is STILL showing the 20% off icon, but is the same price as 3 wks ago. Capt's Club rep said the 20 % off didn't apply to that departure, but , still and all, it DID have the icon beside it. I give up! Booked it anyway. Difference in price was only $18. Guess if I can afford the cruise, i can afford $18. One less thing to worry about.

I booked a tour for my TA trip in November. Canceled it yesterday. When I went to my shopping cart today it showed the tour with the 20% discount, so out of curiosity I went thru booking for it..... Same price as what I originally booked it for! May not have saved me but $40 for the two of us,but it is the principal of it. I am use to the cruise lines doing this... Raising the price of the cruise and then "offering a discount" , but it looks like this is going to be way offering everything.