Cruise ships in movies?

Cour10ay

I was watching the movie "Out to Sea" again last night. It is so funny.

Another movie with a crusie ship is Speed 2. I think that is the name. The Ship was taken over by someone who wanted to destroy the ship. I will not tell you the ending. The port part in the end I read, was in St. Martin.

Also ghost ship. I know there are others out there. Anyone else?

Here's a couple of more.

After the Sunset

Ship of Fools

Speed 2 - Cruise Control

Diamonds are Forever

Boat Trip

Assault on a Queen

Deep Rising

Chupacabra: Dark Seas

Going Overboard

Ghost Ship

Juggernaut

And the Ship Sails on

Lifeboat

Mystery Liner

The Navigator

A Night to Remember

A Countess from Hong Kong

Bitter Moon

White Squall

The Impostors

Brief Crossing

Operation Delta Force II: Mayday

Titanic 2000

Raise the Titanic

The Bermuda Triangle

Deep Water

Some of these I had never heard of until I did a goggle search.

Have a great next cruise.

The Last Voyage - The producers actually used the Ile De France for the film and pretty well tore her apart. Some sailing lines to this day specify in their sale agreements to scrappers that the ship is not permitted to be used as a film prop!

Another movie with a crusie ship is Speed 2. I think that is the name. The Ship was taken over by someone who wanted to destroy the ship. I will not tell you the ending.
The ending, for anyone who knows about cruise ships, is that you are rolling on the floor, laughing your @ off at all the mistakes they made making it.

I was watching the movie "Out to Sea" again last night. It is so funny.

Another movie with a crusie ship is Speed 2. I think that is the name. The Ship was taken over by someone who wanted to destroy the ship. I will not tell you the ending. The port part in the end I read, was in St. Martin.

Also ghost ship. I know there are others out there. Anyone else?

'Out to Sea' showed the old 'Westerdam' sold about 2002. If you look at the playing cards you can see the HAL logo. Most of it however was shot in studio. john

My favorite movie of all time is Now, Voyager, an old black and white movie starring Bette Davis and Paul Henreid. Fantastic film. She has a nervous breakdown because of her domineering mother and takes a cruise to South America to recover and ends up having an affair with a married man.

Speed 2 was shot on Seabourn Legend and the final scene was in Antiqua. They even used some of the real ship's officers and crew for that really bad movie.

Speed 2 was shot on Seabourn Legend and the final scene was in Antiqua. They even used some of the real ship's officers and crew for that really bad movie.

Are you sure the final scene wasn't Phillipsburg, St. Maarten? Although, I suppose, it could have been Antigua made up to look like St. Maarten.

By the way, in their book the Blanchard's describe how the star of the movie (not named, but obviously Sandra Bullock) brought a bunch of people to their restaurant on Anguilla for a sunset dinner on the beach.

They even used some of the real ship's officers and crew for that really bad movie.
Never figured out if it was really bad or really funny. Or so bad it was funny. Over on C@ there was sort of a running commentary while it was on tv; hilarious. They'd have never slowed that huge ship down if it wasn't for hitting the cabin cruiser...

My favorite movie of all time is Now, Voyager, an old black and white movie starring Bette Davis and Paul Henreid. Fantastic film.

Definitely in my top 10 of all time...the scene where she steps off the ship and the looks on her cousins' faces as she says good-bye to everyone..."mother - pinch me - I can't, I'm too busy pinching myself"...priceless.

Bette Davis = HOT!

"Monkey Business," with the Marx Brothers, was just on TCM. Did anyone mention it yet? You may have seen the scene where there are a pile of them (literally, a pile) in the cabin at once. The brothers, a manicurist, an engineer and his assistant, caterer, maid, few others.

Are you sure the final scene wasn't Phillipsburg, St. Maarten? Although, I suppose, it could have been Antigua made up to look like St. Maarten.

Not sure about the final scene but the movie was definately shot on St.Maarten. My DH & I were on a NCL cruise and saw the movie being shot. The day we were there, Sandra Bullock was shooting some car scenes down the main town road. It was pretty amazing to watch how they film these types of scenes. I can't recall the 'bad' guy on the movie but we ran into him on this small pier in town-he had just finished giving an interview and was just standing on the pier looking out at the water. At that time, I didn't know who he was (just that he was someone important related to the movie). The whole movie thing really added to the fun that we had that day in port.

I can't recall the 'bad' guy on the movie but we ran into him on this small pier in town-he had just finished giving an interview and was just standing on the pier looking out at the water. At that time, I didn't know who he was (just that he was someone important related to the movie).

The bad guy was Willem Dafoe. He can be one creepy looking dude when he wants to be. :eek:

Anne Murray did this wonderful special onboard the Norway. I was lucky enough to videotape it that night from TV. It was a treasured possesion for years. I can't find it anywhere!:mad: poor me - I guess the cat ate it. There was a wonderful singer featured on it - a guy from South America or maybe even Mexico who did a stunning version of Silensia (sp?). It was just always so fun to watch. It aired just after I had come back from 7 days on the Norway.

Archived