Cruise ships in movies?

Cour10ay

Dh, thinking he was being thoughtful choosing a movie that looked "Caribbean" in preparation for our upcoming cruise, rented "Fascination" last week. The Norwegian Majesty is featured in it, but it was the Dumbest. Movie. Ever. EVER! Serioiusly. Two hours I wish I could have back.

What is the name of that movie with Robin Williams plays a gay man with a son and the son is marrying a senators daughter? there is a carnival cruise ship in one of the scenes. That is going to drive me nuts....I am sure I will remember just when I am nodding off to sleep tonight:rolleyes:

Ghost Ship. GREAT movie! SCARY concept.

EEEWWWW...I HATED that movie! Too bloody!!!

I loved Poseidon Adventure, but probably won't watch it until AFTER my next cruise.

A movie that is not about a cruise ship, but about a related activity...Open Water. How stupid am I? I thought it would show pretty fish:o and EVERYone would be rescued...

Did any of you ever see that reality TV show called Cruisemates? I think it was only on one season. They would set this couple up on a blind date type thing. Usually they were on the Carnival Fascination.

It was the dumbest show-most times the couples hated each other but I did watch it a few times because I had been on Carnival Fascination back in 2000 when she was doing the southern caribbean out of San Juan.

I always remember with fondness the Lucy show where Lucy was on a cruise and got her head stuck through a port hole. That was funny.

the new Poseidon Adventure that is on TV on Sunday, Nov 20.

There was also a movie, though I can't remember the name of it......what I remember the most about it was how "out of time" the movie was. The movie starred Judd Nelson, who found the ship that his parents disappeared on......according to the story, the ship disappeared 25 years ago in the Bermuda Triangle, and then suddenly reappeared. Well in part of the movie, Judd Nelson's character has a flashback of him as a young boy, standing on the dock, saying goodbye to his parents....but if you look in the background, there is a Fantasy-class Carnival ship shown. Since the Fantasy didn't launch until 1990, I would say that seeing a Fantasy-class ship circa 1980 would make the movie "out of time," as I would call it............similar story to Ghost Ship. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the movie.......anyone who can remember will win a Carnival "ship on a stick".............Just Kidding.

Did any of you ever see that reality TV show called Cruisemates? I think it was only on one season. They would set this couple up on a blind date type thing. Usually they were on the Carnival Fascination.

It was the dumbest show-most times the couples hated each other but I did watch it a few times because I had been on Carnival Fascination back in 2000 when she was doing the southern caribbean out of San Juan.

I always remember with fondness the Lucy show where Lucy was on a cruise and got her head stuck through a port hole. That was funny.

I goofed on the name of the show it was Shipmates.

Well, its not a movie, but Rachel Ray on the Food Network in her show, "40.00 a day." She is strolling around Bermuda looking for restaurants and there are cruise ships in the background, one is a Celebrity, but I could not make out the name of it. The other, I can't tell which line it is.

But she had some good recommendations for restaurants there.

The Last Voyage - The producers actually used the Ile De France for the film and pretty well tore her apart. Some sailing lines to this day specify in their sale agreements to scrappers that the ship is not permitted to be used as a film prop!

They actually partially sank her. :eek:

They actually partially sank her. :eek:

They wanted to do more than they did, but the scrappers wanted to make sure they still had something of value to salvage. If you look at the final scene when the ship goes under, you'll see that it's a clip from some other film (and some other ship) - doesn't match at all.

I heard somewhere that "How Stella Got her Groove BAck" was about a lady that goes on a crusie and meets a man.... :) Debbie

Nope, she was at an all inclusive resort, like Sandals.

The Poseidon Adventure remake really tanked! We didn't even watch all of it. One of our pre-cruise rituals is to watch the original--we call it our "safety and escape plan"!:p

So glad I found this thread! I am in my element here, having seen Poseidon Adventure over 20 times, purely for the shots of the Queen Mary.

One of my favorites is an oldie but goodie which I haven't been able to find on videotape or dvd. As it has a NewYears theme, I am hoping it will be broadcast on TV over the holiday season. One Way Passage is from 1932 and stars William Powell and Kay Francis and is a classic tear-jerker. Fans of Now Voyager will definitely enjoy this one. I only wish I knew which ship it was filmed aboard.... It features a cocktail called the Paradise, which I must be sure to order next time I cruise.

Archived