Saguenay OR Charlottetown

Jane2357

I've searched this and not found an answer so hoping someone will help. Starting to look at a cruise for 2018 and have noticed that some Celebrity Cruises stop at Charlottetown and some at Saguenay.

The rest of the itineraries are the same so if you which one would you rather see and why?

I haven't been to either, but I do know that there's a useful guide to the Saguenay area, and I believe Charlottetown as well, at tomsportguides.com. Tom's guides (free, downloadable) will at least give you an idea of what's available in each city. He was very complimentary about Saguenay, although I would guess there might be a little more to do in Charlottetown.

They are both beautiful ports, we did a cruise a couple of years ago that visited both.

If I had to chose, I'd chose Saguenay. The sail in is much prettier, through the fijord. They also had a wonderful greeting group at the pier that we still talk about. Dressed in different period clothing, showcasing the pioneers who settled the area.

on a different, I might say Charlottetown, simply for the lobster mac n cheese I enjoyed at the restaurant right on the pier.

I was on Holland America and Charlottetown was my favorite port.

We did a lobster boat tour with Top Notch and then went for Oysters.

We went to the north shore and saw farmland and a lighthouse.

Some of the nicest scenery of the trip.

The town is very walkable.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

While both were beautiful in their own ways, I would choose Charlottetown in a heartbeat. I agree with above poster that the approach and departure to Saguenay is superior as you sail down the fjord, however the town was a little underwhelming for us. In Charlottetown (and surrounding areas) there is so much to see and do. We rented a car both times and did a circle tour that included the Confederation Bridge, North Rustico which is a beautiful little fishing harbour and Cavendish (Anne of Green Gables), lots of lighthouses and just stunning farmland and ocean scenery. We also had time to do a little walking around in Charlottetown and get an ice cream at Cows.

Edited by trophy_23

While both were beautiful in their own ways, I would choose Charlottetown in a heartbeat. I agree with above poster that the approach and departure to Saguenay is superior as you sail down the fjord, however the town was a little underwhelming for us. In Charlottetown (and surrounding areas) there is so much to see and do. We rented a car both times and did a circle tour that included the Confederation Bridge, North Rustico which is a beautiful little fishing harbour and Cavendish (Anne of Green Gables), lots of lighthouses and just stunning farmland and ocean scenery. We also had time to do a little walking around in Charlottetown and get an ice cream at Cows.

We did much the same - except the queue at Cows was too big so I missed out on that :(

[YOUTUBE]lHiNXwpsAiw[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]9sW01QVxX0M[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]XISMUulN-wg[/YOUTUBE]